• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justice Department unseals indictment, charges five in Brian Terry murder

zack991

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/...ndictment-charges-five-in-brian-terry-murder/

For more information on the indictment http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/...nally-admits-agent-terry-was-firing-beanbags/

The Arizona U.S. Attorney was recused from the case after it was discovered it had overseen the gun-walking operation Fast and Furious in conjunction with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

It was Border Patrol Agent Terry’s killing, 11 miles from the Mexican border in Arizona, that led investigators to the controversial operation know as Fast and Furious, where ATF agents allowed the sale of firearms to individuals with known ties to Mexican drug cartels in hopes of identifying gun traffickers as well as finding out information about the cartels.

It is believed that one of those firearms was used to kill Agent Terry.

The Terry family, while praising Duffy’s efforts, also expressed their displeasure over the lack of progress in the investigation into Fast and Furious, which they referred to in a statement as “stalled”. Speaking through their attorney, they stated that “the Terry family once again asks that the Attorney General and the Department of Justice comply with the request for documents made by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee so that all Americans can know who approved of the operation in order that those individuals can be held accountable for their decisions.”

In fact, the House of Representatives voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt over the refusal of the Justice Department to comply with an Oversight Committee subpoena to release documents relating to Fast and Furious two weeks prior to Monday’s announcement.

Timing of the announcement was not lost on Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who, speaking with Fox News, said “I applaud what they’re doing, but I condemn the timing. It’s very clear that the timing has everything to do with the House of Representatives holding Eric Holder in contempt.”

Following the indictment, Holder said in a statement, “Agent Terry served his country honorably and made the ultimate sacrifice in trying to protect it from harm, and we will stop at nothing to bring those responsible for his murder to justice.”

Of the five individuals indicted, two are currently in custody. Manuel Osorio-Arellanes was apprehended the night of the shooting, while Rito Osorio-Arellanes was arrested shortly after on immigration charges and is being held on the lesser charge of “conspiracy to interfere with commerce by robbery.” Jesus Rosario Favela-Astorga, Ivan Soto-Barraza, Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes and Lionel Portillo-Meza, however, remain at large.

Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

Would it be fair to say that the AG is an "unindicted co-conspiritor"? ;)

I would think so. Now he wants to look like some type of hero. Him and Obama probably just got in a truck and drove to a Home Depot in the morning and picked up a hand full of 'em. "Here, come on, we need you guys to paint the inside of these jail cells. Hey Barack, how do you say three squares in Spanish?"

PistolPackingMomma

Following the indictment, Holder said in a statement, “Agent Terry served his country honorably and made the ultimate sacrifice in trying to protect it from harm, and we will stop at nothing to bring those responsible for his murder to justice.”

Did anyone else throw up?

Gil223

The 'Ink' Is Still Wet On This One...

I just received this in an email from 2ndamendmenttv this morning:
The Department of (In)Justice is refusing to prosecute their own after Holder was found in Criminal Contempt of Congress, so the House of Representatives will attempt to pursue 'civil' action in the civil court.

The Obama administration should be rewriting the Pledge of Allegiance about now... there's something in the current version about "with liberty and justice for all". This phrase should probably be replaced with something like, "with liberty and special treatment for members of the current administration". Anybody who expects "justice" in our courts is living waaay in the past. What one gets in our courts today is law not justice! Probably because that which is often "just" is not always lawful (and vice versa). The fact that our laws are made (primarily) by lawyers, has resulted in laws that are so complex and so devoid of "common sense", that true justice has been lost in the labyrinthine "halls of justice", while the lawmakers feather their own nests. (But then, if our laws were simple, and easily understood by Joe Everyman, the monetary rewards of the practice of law would not be nearly so bountiful, would they? Seriously... who's 60 minutes is worth 15 to 50 times the hourly wage of working-class Americans... other than perhaps an audience with God?) Just my thoughts. Pax...

P.S. This just hit me... it's the Congress of the United States of America, for hell's sake! They MAKE THE LAWS!! Why don't they just find the entire DOJ in contempt? Lock 'em all up for a few days, until they recall the definition of JUSTICE!

Last edited: