• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Four stores, only one moment of nervousness

mwaterous

Took the plunge yesterday and went all in. We visited Barnes and Noble, PetCo, Hastings and finally took a stroll through Big Lots (my wife loves bargain shopping, aughhhhh). I had a moment when we walked into Barnes and Noble, three feet inside the door I heard "Managers to the front, please" and thought to myself that they were pretty organized there to spot me that quick. It wasn't for me of course, just my imagination running wild, but there was one guy who did make me nervous... I'm trying to read a book on pit bulls and he walked behind me four or five times, from one side to the other, getting closer every time. I think he was being silly about trying to see what I was carrying, because he picked up random books and kept putting them down but I don't have a retention holster and erred on the side of caution -- after the fourth time walking right behind me I put my book down and moved along.

We rescued a small kitten in PetCo that somebody had forgotten to put back in the little wall kennels, but other than that no incidents there. Same with Hastings, no incidents and finally an uneventful trip to Big Lots. You'd almost think I wasn't even carrying. :)