Thread: Okay here's a question...

Okay here's a question...

Actually two...

I've got a co-worker that swears, (SWEARS) up and down and all the way across the board, that "in addition to having an LTCH, you need a PERMIT to own a gun in Indiana." He says "Thats the way it's always been!"...

I think he's wrong, but can't find anything that says so....so, any assistance...

Then I have another co-worker that swears (ALSO SWEARS), up and down that "you don't have to provide LEO's your LTCH unless they ask for it."

So what's the answer on these?

Thanks for you responses...
    Murphy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Go back to sleep....Your Government will take care of you...."

1. Ask first coworker to show you the Indiana Code that states you need a permit to own a gun in Indiana. Hint: it isn't there.

2. Show second coworker the Indiana Code that requires you to provide your LTCH to a police officer even when he doesn't ask for it. Hint: it isn't there.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Actually two...

I've got a co-worker that swears, (SWEARS) up and down and all the way across the board, that "in addition to having an LTCH, you need a PERMIT to own a gun in Indiana." He says "Thats the way it's always been!"...

I think he's wrong, but can't find anything that says so....so, any assistance...

Then I have another co-worker that swears (ALSO SWEARS), up and down that "you don't have to provide LEO's your LTCH unless they ask for it."

So what's the answer on these?

Thanks for you responses...

Is your co-worker named RANDY and has he tried to sell you a boat?

No permit to own a gun, only a LTCH to carry a loaded handgun.

The second one, if I am reading it right, is correct. You have no duty to inform and do not have to show your LTCH unless requested and the LEO has RAS (Reasonable Articulable Suspicion) that you are carrying a handgun.