Bodo's Bagel OC breakfast

In honor of the clearing up of their position

Bodo's Bagel 505 Preston Ave Charlottesville, VA 22903

Date:
    July 21, 2012

Time:
    9:30am

Activities:
    Eating and friendly coversation, families welcome including children.

edit:
    As with all (my) OC event's OC, CC (permit required) or don't carry at all it's your choice.

To be rescheduled at a later date.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-18-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: To be rescheduled
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I'll be there unless something comes up!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    It's kind of a strech Marco, but I'm going to try to come.
    I'm heading back to the farm tonight after the dinner and the weather's been so bad the last couple of weeks, I'm way behind in my work.

If I can get caught up, I'll play hooky and head northwest.

dagnabbit!!! and... this one is in my backyard.
    i'm gonna be in richmond for Jim's class all day on the 21st.
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It's kind of a strech Marco, but I'm going to try to come.
    I'm heading back to the farm tonight after the dinner and the weather's been so bad the last couple of weeks, I'm way behind in my work.

If I can get caught up, I'll play hooky and head northwest.
    Pick me up on the way!

Count me in as +1. If anyone from the Richmond area doesn't want to drive the whole way, PM me, you can drive to me and I'll drive to Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    Pick me up on the way!

Count me in as +1. If anyone from the Richmond area doesn't want to drive the whole way, PM me, you can drive to me and I'll drive to Charlottesville.
    There might be a seat in the gimpmobile. It will be later in the week before that is nailed down, but if you want to chance it you ought to put in your dibs soon.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Okay, it doesn't seem like there's alot of support from the local (OC'ers) folks to attend this for one reason or another and I may have to drive to Richmond saturday morning.

I won't know about Richmond until later this evening/early tomorrow morning.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Okay, it doesn't seem like there's alot of support from the local (OC'ers) folks to attend this for one reason or another and I may have to drive to Richmond saturday morning.

I won't know about Richmond until later this evening/early tomorrow morning.
    was definitely interested, just can't this saturday because i'm signed up for a class in richmond.
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    No reason to not select a later date - in fact I recommend it.

A calendar selection that would better include locals who will have the opportunity to visit more regularly + spread the word amongst other potential regular carrying customers only makes good sense.

I was planning to make the drive (to say thank you) but I think the message is lessened if all attending are from out of town. Accordingly, I will look for a later date and the opportunity to say "hello."

This should not stop anyone from enjoying a bagel from Bodo's whether from inside or via the drive-in window in the meanwhile.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Agreed, lets go ahead and cancel this event for now.
    I will definitley post another, prior to summers end.

~Alan Korwin

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Did I hear a cricket chirping?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Oh good, I'm glad, my doctor changed one of my medications the other day so if it wasn't for the booger butt I would be sleeping in every day since I have been having trouble sleeping at night! Plus hopefully a later date will be when the intended is home so he can join us!

Founder's Club Member
    I suppose I'm glad this event will be re-scheduled later. I have tentative plans that would keep me from Charlottesville this weekend so I may be able to make the journey another time. I do hope that those who have been in the Charlottesville area during the school year will be able to attend if this is rescheduled for fall.

I'm PO'd! I was counting on breakfast before a trip into NoVa for personal business that just cannot be conducted any other place. Now what do I have to keep me from losing my mind in NoVa traffic?

Seriously, changing the date is OK. Better to have a good turnout than to not be able to make any sort of statement. I might swing down that way on the trip home, instead of starting from there. If so, I'll be sure to scan the parking lot to see if it looks safe enough to go inside.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    Oh good, I'm glad, my doctor changed one of my medications the other day so if it wasn't for the booger butt I would be sleeping in every day since I have been having trouble sleeping at night! Plus hopefully a later date will be when the intended is home so he can join us!
    If you ride in the gimpmobile you can nap, just like everybody else. Seems they see me doing that and just follow along. Much quieter than sitting there all strapped in and screaming.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If you ride in the gimpmobile you can nap, just like everybody else. Seems they see me doing that and just follow along. Much quieter than sitting there all strapped in and screaming.

stay safe.
    reminds me of the old tale..

when I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    reminds me of the old tale..
    Now that's funny!

lololololol @ scouser!!!!!

Which one of y'all would the be "one" that goes "out" while everyone else is screaming?