Thread: Off duty cop's s&w m&p "accidentally" goes off...

Off duty cop's s&w m&p "accidentally" goes off...

Something really fishy here. I also am looking to send an email to the editor that they used a file photo of a revolver instead of a m&p.

http://mobile.globalpost.com/dispatc...ly-kills-woman

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Could the officer have messed with with the internals of the pistol ?

Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    Something really fishy here. I also am looking to send an email to the editor that they used a file photo of a revolver instead of a m&p.

http://mobile.globalpost.com/dispatc...ly-kills-woman

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Most PDs carry pistols ...

Activist Member
    No firearm just accidentally goes off, especially not a modern manufactured M&P. This was a negligent discharge, just as they all are.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Unless the woman who was shot was a midget, or on her knees, I find it very difficult to understand the ballistic trajectory/body position dynamics that would result in an IWB-carried handgun firing a round that would hit someone in the chest who was hugging the carrier from behind.

And if this story is true, then this cop has the worst situational awareness/personal space management while carrying skills on the planet.

The "official story" just doesn't pass the "physics sniff test."

Unless this cop was carrying special "Dealy Plaza" bullets that could make u-turns in mid-air, I just can't see how this actually happened as reported.

I'm sure that Detroit's "thin blue line" has taken the appropriate measures to "get the story straight" before releasing their explanation to the media, and will stick to it, regardless of what forensics and the autopsy reveals.

And where are the Brady's on this story? Why aren't they wailing about those "gun it cops" who are so paranoid that they need to CC when they are off-duty? If he really feels that unsafe, he could just dial 911 and his buddies would come immediately to his aid, right?
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I'm sure that Detroit's "thin blue line" has taken the appropriate measures to "get the story straight" before releasing their explanation to the media, and will stick to it, regardless of what forensics and the autopsy reveals.:
    I wouldn't count on it being kept too quiet. Even when you consider the Kwame Kilpatrick days, the police were never particularly tight lipped when privately speaking off the record.

Word will get around, just not on the news.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Part of the responsibility that goes along with carrying a firearm is that you are ultimately responsible for any/every thing that happens with that firearm. If the cop (on or off duty ... don't care) allowed his weapon to be discharged through negligence he is ultimately liable and should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law for the applicable jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Unless the woman who was shot was a midget, or on her knees, I find it very difficult to understand the ballistic trajectory
    Could she have been performing some act on the occifer and reach for a part of his body not realizing he had a pistol located there discharging it herself? Her performing a sexual act on him would be reason for this story to disappear.
    Last edited by Tony_B; 07-22-2012 at 11:49 AM.