Thread: Closing Border Patrol Stations...

Closing Border Patrol Stations...

Closing border patrol stations not on the border, what is this world coming to?

For all of you freedom loving individuals, here is some interesting news.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...riggers-alarm/

They specificly mention a station in Amerillo, TX on I-40.

Texas wants to be it's own Country, well, they are well on their way. Congratulations Texas.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

So CBP has been spread kind of thin across a wide swath of country, and they want to close some of the northern outposts to reassign the agents from up there to spots closer to the actual border where they just might have a chance of stopping illegal entrants before they can spread out/scatter.

And someone sees this as a conspiracy to stop catching illegal entrants.

America - what a country! Americans - what a people! [/Yakov Smirnov voice]

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Am I the only one that thinks the solution here is to have a, say, 5 mile DMZ at the border, fences on both sides, and autoguns that exterminate anything that moves? THAT is a border. Low manpower overhead too.

Maybe some land mines too. Damn Canadians.

:P

Folks, the solution to the border is very simple: Recall a bunch of us old retired soldiers and Marines to Active Duty, arm us, and then put us on the border, preferably without coffee.

We'd be highly perturbed at being recalled, old and grouchy anyway, and then you add the lack of coffee....God help the illegal border crossers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    The corrupt and pathetic Border Patrol should be completly eliminated and the US military should guard the southern border. The End.
    It's final: You would b*tch about anything. I would b*tch too though, if I were living in California.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Folks, the solution to the border is very simple: Recall a bunch of us old retired soldiers and Marines to Active Duty, arm us, and then put us on the border, preferably without coffee.

We'd be highly perturbed at being recalled, old and grouchy anyway, and then you add the lack of coffee....God help the illegal border crossers!!!
    Even better... ACTUALLY ENFORCE THE LAWS against hiring illegals, and staying in the country illegally. We could virtually end the need for border agents if employers were getting huge fines and prison time, and illegals were flown to the furtherst parts of their COR and kicked off the plane.

Ending the stupid drug war and letting addicts smoke themselves to death might actually help too.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

I only live part time in California.

Why are you on this board ? I have read many of your posts and you seem to be ultra liberal. Are you a 2A supporter ? Are you an OC advocate ?
    I support the Second Amendment, and I OC...daily.

I am Liberal, well, and I am a Right-Winger when it comes to some things.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.

I looke through your posts and I see that you rarely ever give a solution to a problem or state your own beliefs. You seem to simply snipe at others and mock their positions or beliefs.
    Ask me whatever you want, and I will answer. I'm waiting...

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    I looke through your posts and I see that you rarely ever give a solution to a problem or state your own beliefs. You seem to simply snipe at others and mock their positions or beliefs.
    Those are the most endearing posts, the best ones are where she takes up a contrary oppinion. Even when she doesn't herself disagree with the origional one, but likes to play "ditzy devil's advocate".
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

.....ditzy?.....nah.....devil?.....maybe.....advoc ate?.....depends.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Half the CBP agents in the North don't know the law to begin with and then the insane power tripping because they couldn't become cops...good riddance. Can and give the boot to as many as you want. There should be a system overhaul anyway - they have too much liberty to do as they please and not enough forced adherence to policy. Not to mention the problems that come from operating USCIS and CBP and ICE as separate organizations.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the solution here is to have a, say, 5 mile DMZ at the border, fences on both sides, and autoguns that exterminate anything that moves? THAT is a border. Low manpower overhead too.

Maybe some land mines too. Damn Canadians.

:P
    While I got the humor regarding Canada, we are talking about the Mexican border. I don't know if you have ever been to the border, but a 5 mile DMZ as you propose would totally eliminate not only the Rio Grande Valley, and all the food we grow there, but also several fairly major US Cities. There's a metric shitload of private property -owned by Americans - that is contained within that 5 miles. Never gonna happen. Oh, and that pesky problem that an immigration status violation does not allow for capital punishment.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post

And again, that pesky problem foils your plans. Immigration status violations do not carry the death penalty in the range of punishments. In fact, crossing the border without authorization is not even a criminal offense in most cases, unless one has already been deported.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    While I got the humor regarding Canada, we are talking about the Mexican border. I don't know if you have ever been to the border, but a 5 mile DMZ as you propose would totally eliminate not only the Rio Grande Valley, and all the food we grow there, but also several fairly major US Cities. There's a metric shitload of private property -owned by Americans - that is contained within that 5 miles. Never gonna happen. Oh, and that pesky problem that an immigration status violation does not allow for capital punishment.
    Yeah, I get the property concerns, and what it would entail. I am not a fan of eminent domain,etc. My thought was a more high level view than the specifics. Besides, I was also under the assumption that both sides would contribute some land.

This is not a question of "Immigration Status". That is the kind of squishy terminology that tries to make the illegal crossing of our sovereign border seem like a petty violation. I disagree with this premise. Our border should be absolutely secure. The DMZ is meant to be a deterrent. If you knowingly walk into an area clearly defined as off-limits, knowing that it is defended by force, then I don't think you can be upset if you get exterminated.

The mechanism of death is really not significant. Call it an electrified fence, or a dmz with land mines, whatever. The point is that the border should be non permeable. If the fence was electrified, and marked clearly as such, is this "capital punishment for an immigration status violation" or is it suicide?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

..more..

If you step foot in a USAF bombing range, are you going to experience capital punishment for trespassing when you get a bomb dropped on your head?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I believe that Texas and Arizona COULD handle it. They need the Feds to get out of there way. The sock monkey is a total nutjob!!! I don't know why the libs love this guy. You couldn't design a better way to fly this country into the ground than the way this piece of s#@t is doing it. Keep worshiping at his feet liberal puppets. You're all going down with the rest of us. Soon you won't have a country either.
    watch your top knot !

Banned
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ntcmp=obinsite

Did ya see the link on the OP's story ....

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    While I got the humor regarding Canada, we are talking about the Mexican border. I don't know if you have ever been to the border, but a 5 mile DMZ as you propose would totally eliminate not only the Rio Grande Valley, and all the food we grow there, but also several fairly major US Cities. There's a metric shitload of private property -owned by Americans - that is contained within that 5 miles.
    There you go, introducing reality into a discussion about the border!

Didn't anyone ever tell that the entire 2,000 mile border is nothing but flat dusty desert, with a little muddy water trickling through? And that no one ever crosses it for any reason except to steal jobs and welfare from Americans while smuggling cocaine disguised as Kindergarten snack packs?

Speaking of Canada, this past Friday/Saturday/Sunday, they were set up on I-93, between exits 29 and 30, roughly in the center of this map:

http://goo.gl/maps/Av0l

Zoom out until you can see Canada. You might notice it's a good ways, certainly pushing the 100 mile limit. And that's only "as the crow flies"; driving, it's about 150 miles to the closest border crossing.

But thank goodness that we finally have equal opportunity jackbooted thuggery.

[QUOTE=SFCRetired;1786560...simple: Recall a bunch of us old retired soldiers and Marines to Active Duty, arm us, and then put us on the border, preferably without coffee.[/QUOTE]

And new uniforms, I know for a fact the ones I retired in don't fit anylonger, don't know how but they shrunk!
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.