• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pink Pistols??

vegaspassat

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, but is there a pink pistols chapter here in vegas? Although I'm not gay it's a subject that is very important to me, and I'd like to get involved with their chapter in vegas if they have one. On a side note I seriously considered picking up a pink diamond back .380 because it was SUPER cheap and I figured if it was in my pocket nobody would know lmao

Merlin

Am I to take it that "pink pistols" is some lgbt separatist movement?

If so, is there something wrong with the rest of the gun community? Why does it matter what one does with their weewee in their personal time? I don't understand the connection?

Why does a group of people that claim to want tolerance/acceptance/whatever insist on being separatist? Come play in our reindeer games. I don't care who you stick it to when you get home, just don't tell me about it, ehh?

I don't welcome people who identify themselves as lgbt to partipate in my reindeer games. I welcome people who identify themselves as -people-. I don't need to know about your individual sexual preferences. Keep it to yourself.

Unless you want all the straight people to start arriving at the party by announcing their straightness.

I use 'you' and 'your' in the general sense. I saw what you said about not being gay.

Yep, I'm intolerant....of people who insist on me knowing who or what they f... Get over yourself. Unless you want to hear about my predilection towards bucktooth, peg-legged, geriatric goat women from the Andes. Yeah, that's right. I said it. Loud and proud, and whatever else gets shouted at those parades.

:what:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

vegaspassat

Tell us how you really feel Merlin lol

In all seriousness I don't think the purpose of pink pistols is to seperate gun owners into different groups. It's to reach out to a group of people that are more likely to be victims of violent crime and show them that regular everyday people shoose to arm themselves. I don't know if you've ever heard of Matthew Shepard, but he is ony one example of someone who may still be alive today had he been armed when his assailants attacked him. And maybe all it would have taken for him to decide to arm himself was exposure to a group of glbt that chose to arm themselves.

jdholmes

Sounds like separatism to me. Typical though...them and us.

Same deal as "black" groups.

Agreed with Merlin - just be people and get over yourselves.

Everyone should be armed. Everyone is at risk of violent crime. You are not special.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Sounds like separatism to me. Typical though...them and us.

Same deal as "black" groups.

Agreed with Merlin - just be people and get over yourselves.

Everyone should be armed. Everyone is at risk of violent crime. You are not special.

Do you feel the same about the Women's Shooting Academy up in Reno?

Last edited:

Merlin

Do you feel the same about the Women's Shooting Academy up in Reno?

Hmmm, well played.

Well, kinda. I can see a reason for females, generally of a smaller stature, to benefit from training with others of similar physical characteristics. But that's a stretch to try to support my earlier statements. But I get your point that WSA is very similar, in that it is about getting people to participate who might have not otherwise, because the gun community seems an old boys club. I get that. But I think that is changing. Admit it, how awesome is it when we get a few women who show up at our meetups?

Yeah, I get your point, but when people insist on secluding themselves by race or sexual preference, it seems counterproductive to everyones best interest, including their own.

I guess I can say this.. Women have a plausible reason to train together (physical stature and different threats i.e. rape). LGBT don't (we do it from the front/back/side/upside-down).

I guess it is relevant to say that, if the LGBT "community" would stop the visible and vocal crusade for inclusion/acceptance/tolerance, I would care less about this. But you can't crusade for inclusion, while practicing exclusion. Pick one, and stick with it.

How would you feel about a Black Panthers Shooting Academy? Or a Caucasian one for that matter? Or a Straights-only? Boy would that be a giant step back in society.

Your point is taken, and while similar, I don't think it is exactly the same.

kcgunfan

All of you do realize that non-LGBT people are welcome to join Pink Pistols, right? In light of that, can you please explain what the issue is?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

jfrey123

I get the idea behind "them vs us" or any other action that segregates one group from another. However, in light of most LGBT people and organizations being liberal by nature and therefore anti-gun, I'll take pro-gun gays any day of the week.

Everyone's got a right to their own opinions, you'll never hear me say otherwise. But, based on the closed mindedness attitudes already expressed, it's not a surprise that they feel the need to form their own group. Can't really imagine they'd be comfortable on a regular range with some of the "good ol' boy" types. So if they want to form their own gun group and remain open to others, I'm fine. No difference between them and the "girl" groups, or "youth" groups, etc.

"How would you feel about a Black Panthers Shooting Academy? Or a Caucasian one for that matter? Or a Straights-only? Boy would that be a giant step back in society."

I think the difference is that the Pink Pistols isn't a "gays ONLY" club. You could test that for us :p lol (all mentioned in good humor)

Last edited:

jdholmes

I get the idea behind "them vs us" or any other action that segregates one group from another. However, in light of most LGBT people and organizations being liberal by nature and therefore anti-gun, I'll take pro-gun gays any day of the week.

Everyone's got a right to their own opinions, you'll never hear me say otherwise. But, based on the closed mindedness attitudes already expressed, it's not a surprise that they feel the need to form their own group. Can't really imagine they'd be comfortable on a regular range with some of the "good ol' boy" types. So if they want to form their own gun group and remain open to others, I'm fine. No difference between them and the "girl" groups, or "youth" groups, etc.

I think the difference is that the Pink Pistols isn't a "gays ONLY" club. You could test that for us :p lol (all mentioned in good humor)

What closed mindedness are you speaking of? So far we have all said they are welcome to shoot with us. We have just gotten tired of the separatism and making an issue of it. Be Gay and ok...you don't have to go on about it and you don't need a parade...so you like the same sex. Wahoo for you. I like the opposite...lets shoot now.

vegaspassat

Gayest
Thread
Ever

I just got told to shush at work because I was laughing so loud!

I can see how this may look like a speratist type of group, but I have every confidence that it's not. Having said that though, I know about as much about the organization as the rest of you so it seems like you guys are jumping the gun a little on what their mission is. The moral of the storey - nobody knows the answer to my original question so I will have to do some more googling...er Bing searching I mean..

Merlin

All of you do realize that non-LGBT people are welcome to join Pink Pistols, right? In light of that, can you please explain what the issue is?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Well, then I guess what is the point of the organization? I just went and read the wikipedia page, and I can't figure out why it exists? I just don't understand what sexuality has to do with guns? Can anyone explain that? I mean, I know guns are sexY, but they aren't sexUAL, right? I guess I can see the irony of the whole liberal-vs-conservative issue, that is kinda quaint. The conflicting agendas. But I don't think that most conservatives are anti-gay per se, I think they are just anti-public-sexuality. I get it that in other areas of life, your sexuality causes you challenges (partner in the hospital, for example). Is there such a problem in the gun community? yeah, we probably have a few good ol' boys left that haven't died off yet. Relics of another time. But I feel like, by and large, and especially in the OC community, there is nothing but inclusion. So it seems strange to me that there needs to be a junction where guns meets sexuality.

I'm gonna branch off on an even less popular but related topic: Sexuality in the military. (note I did not say GAYS in the military)

Was I the only one who thought DADT was the right policy? Before you get all excited, hear me out.

DADT was just misinterpreted/applied. It shouldn't have applied to Gays, it should have applied to EVERYONE. In other words, I don't care what you f.... You are a soldier, not a sex machine. Well, you might be a sex machine, but it has nothing to do with your soldiering. So keep that sh.. to yourself. Gay/Straight/Midget-Monger, I don't care. My ancestors that served in the military were not Straight Soldiers, they were Soldiers. I don't want any Gay or Straight soldiers. I want soldiers. Anyone willing to serve this country in the armed forces is already good in my book. I don't need to know what you do with your weewee. Is that really unreasonable? Why does a segment of our population suddenly think that their sexual identity belongs in public view? Oh, and yes, I realize that part of DADT was that if someone was found out to be gay, they were still kicked out. That part was f'ing stupid. I thinnk we can all agree on that part. Like I said, I don't care what you f..., if you desire to serve this country, and help protect me and my rights, you are good in my book. Hell, in actual fact, the few gay folks I have known to serve tended to make the uniform look pretty good. I know that's probably an overblown stereotype, but not a bad one.

If you expect your agenda of inclusion/acceptance to succeed, then the only Gay clubs that should exist are Strip clubs. No, I probably wont attend, but I entirely respect your right to want to check out the weewees of whatever floats your boat. I do on occasion visit such clubs, and I am entirely in favor of such behavior. In a proper, private, adults-only club, or the comfort of your own home. Ok, maybe I can imagine a few other scenarios where Gay would be a valid characteristic of membership(support groups, for example). But Guns? Really? Who cares? I just don't see the need for it. Is there a political agenda that differs from the rest of the gun-enthusiast community (like OC vs CC)? I was going to use Left-handed people as a funny example, but then I realized that even they have a more valid reason to form a gun club...

FWIW, the banner at the top, with the various folks open carrying, is awesome. I dont know if those two hotties on the right are lesbian or not. Don't care. I'm just glad they are carrying. They are welcome at any shoot I go to. They are welcome in my reindeer games.

I understand that I may be welcome to join the pink pistols. But what is our agenda? Why are we separate from the rest of the fine, already established gun communities? I think if someone can answer this, I might be able to better understand this issue. See, not closed-minded, I just haven't been convinced.

Oh, and before somebody gives me sh.. for using the term "midget", I don't know the currently accepted terminology. In any event, it was not meant to be derogatory. If I was a midget, I would OC a S&W 500, or a Desert Eagle. I would carry that sh.. in a scabard on my back, like he-man. And smoke bombs, like the ninjas use. And a pigsticker in my boot for cutting achilles heels. I'd be like yoda.

vegaspassat

We seriously got off on the wrong track with this. All I wanted to know is if anyone knew if there was a las vegas chapter. Obviously nobody knows. I haven't seen any close mindedness, so I don't think anyone should be accused of it.

KBCraig

Pink Pistols' mission statement is one of including more people in the gun world, not separatism: "To educate the LBGT community in the safe and legal use of firearms."

Speaking of which, if you think an open and flaming couple wouldn't get a different reception at most gun clubs than a more traditional couple would, you're delusional. I'm not saying they would be actively excluded, just not made to feel very welcome.

Note: I'm talking about gun clubs, which are full of Fudds who also aren't very fond of us open carry, 2A-believing "radicals". The people here on OCDO, for the most part, truly believe in liberty for everyone. We are not your typical gun community, though.

Back to the OP's original question...

According to pinkpistols.org, there is a Las Vegas (Sin City) chapter. There's no contact info, though.