Thread: Chicago cops buy back program--new "fast and furious"?..lol!!

Chicago cops buy back program--new "fast and furious"?..lol!!

Sorry it wasn't Chicago...but it is Illinois!!

(snip)

"Guns Save Life," based in Champaign, Ill., recently sold 60 firearms to the Chicago Police Department -- 10 of which were manufactured before 1898 -- in exchange for $6,240 in gift cards, according to group president John Boch. The sale also included five BB guns and a rickety pump-action shotgun that was held together by duct tape and zip ties, he said.

But the department carried out the transaction anyway, and the organization used the proceeds to fund the youth shooting camp. Boch said the money earned is being used to buy rifles and ammunition for an annual summer camp held at Darnall Gun Works & Ranges in Bloomington, Ill.

Guns Save Life" said it sold its firearms to the city on June 23. For every gun sold, the group received $100 in the form of Visa debit card, Boch said. They received $10 for each BB gun.

The youth camp, which caters to children ages 9 to 16 and is sponsored by the National Rifle Association, "teaches the next generation how much fun shooting sports are and how to handle guns safely," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz20JhxA7t3
    Last edited by zekester; 07-11-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

That was us!

John

Activist Member
    Excellent news! Nice to see Chicago actually contribute to a good cause that is well-meaning and legal, even if they didn't know that is what they were doing! HAHA. The most corrupt, gun hating city in this country is now paying for a youth firearm camp, I just Love that! How do you like that Rahm??
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    ...But the department carried out the transaction anyway...
    Did they know who was turning them in at the time? Were they all turned in by the same person/group at the same time?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Im curious as to why you sold 10 guns made before 1892. Were they really that bad that they weren't worth even $100 otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Did they know who was turning them in at the time? Were they all turned in by the same person/group at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Im curious as to why you sold 10 guns made before 1892. Were they really that bad that they weren't worth even $100 otherwise?
    You can go here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=665334 for the whole story (outstanding!) and the pictures of the "guns" (rusted junk).

Here's a preview:

Just a terrific job by the folks at GSL.

XD
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNH View Post

Just a terrific job by the folks at GSL.
    Loving the fine sporterized Mosin, and an M44 the just needs a new bolt and head space check.

Is that that a shinny 90% Nickle Third Model .38 S&W
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.