Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combs trial starts today. News and updates.

Combs trial starts today. News and updates.

I am starting this thread to post news links and updates as they come out. I know a person attending the trial and I will post information as I get it. If you are attending or have other information please post here...
    Person in Home Depot: "Do you really think you need that?"
    Me: "I hope not. But then again, I didn't need my seatbelt on the way here either."

UPDATE:

The opinion is that the prosecution is doing a poor job. It is becoming obvious they have no case.

The judge is questioning how Mr. Combs violated the law by exercising his constitutional rights.

A Birmingham police officer stated is some way Mr. Combs had to have the rifle holstered. Went on to say they arrested him with his ID in hand.

Sounds like the judge may have enough information to throw out the case before it is up to the jury in my opinion.
    Me: "I hope not. But then again, I didn't need my seatbelt on the way here either."

Question

Do we know how the Judge has previously sided on any similar cases? His Opinions on 2A?

It is the same judge that refused to dismiss the case.

Sounds like its going Mr. Combs way so far. Some good questions by the judge to up to this point, thanks for keeping us updated with whats going on!
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Judge Marc Barron

thanks for the updates.....wish i could be there today!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Obstructing charge dropped...

-->right direction.-->
    Last edited by Wolverton; 07-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken243 View Post
    Obstructing charge dropped...
    This is a very good sign that things will go our way...

Jury in deliberation. Brandishing and disturbing the peace are the charges left. He should be all set. Guess he is going to be ok. Some lawyers on the jury I hear. So miller vs US should be known. That takes care of disturbing the peace.

I can't imagine how nervous he must be, I'm nervous as hell just sitting here. I really hope the jury does the right thing
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Doesn't matter, it is a locked up case for appeals court. But yes

....waiting impatiently.......
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

same here

Wow, they are still going through with brandishing and disturbing the peace!? I have a bad feeling the jury will hang him on this, if anything to "teach the kid a lesson"...I really hope I'm wrong, here's hoping at least one juror believes in the constitution.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    Wow, they are still going through with brandishing and disturbing the peace!? I have a bad feeling the jury will hang him on this, if anything to "teach the kid a lesson"...I really hope I'm wrong, here's hoping at least one juror believes in the constitution.
    One would believe with the amount of coverage, positive or negative, has opened eyes across the country. Not to the side of the "evil guns", but opened them to the point of standing for the rights of the people.

I have been thinking positively about this case all day. Lets hope.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by ken243 View Post
    Doesn't matter, it is a locked up case for appeals court. But yes
    What do you mean by this?

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

The appeal will be in front of a judge. One that can read hopefully. So that would over turn a conviction.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    I think he means, that testimony was introduced into the transcripts by the defense that if they need to they have cause to appeal. It's important to enter stuff into the official record that can be used later.

MOC's attorneys did this in the CAD case in regards to a few constitutional issues, that generally help with appeals.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I think he means, that testimony was introduced into the transcripts by the defense that if they need to they have cause to appeal. It's important to enter stuff into the official record that can be used later.

MOC's attorneys did this in the CAD case in regards to a few constitutional issues, that generally help with appeals.
    Gotcha! Thanks for the info.

Im still working on my legal beagle, brain file cabinet. Its getting there!!!! Anywho..enough about me!

Any updates?

still deliberating. Jury came back with a question a few minutes ago but they are back to deliberating.

I can't believe they're still thinking it over.

I'm really nervous for him and hope for the best.

My questions is how can anyone holster a M1 rifle? Using a sling and having it over your back is the closest thing that can be done to being called holstered on one's person. I do belive that is how he was carrying it, so stupid it wasn't like he was carring it in an assault fashion.

Judge and Prosecutor focused solely on the definition of brandishing which includes the words "ostentatious display". Ostentatious does not have a negative connotation therefore giving the jury an easy path to convict on that point. 3 jurors are attorneys.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast