• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Combs trial starts today. News and updates.

ken243

I am starting this thread to post news links and updates as they come out. I know a person attending the trial and I will post information as I get it. If you are attending or have other information please post here...

ken243

UPDATE:

The opinion is that the prosecution is doing a poor job. It is becoming obvious they have no case.

The judge is questioning how Mr. Combs violated the law by exercising his constitutional rights.

A Birmingham police officer stated is some way Mr. Combs had to have the rifle holstered. Went on to say they arrested him with his ID in hand.

Sounds like the judge may have enough information to throw out the case before it is up to the jury in my opinion.

Wolverton

Do we know how the Judge has previously sided on any similar cases? His Opinions on 2A?

Yance

Sounds like its going Mr. Combs way so far. Some good questions by the judge to up to this point, thanks for keeping us updated with whats going on!

ken243

Jury in deliberation. Brandishing and disturbing the peace are the charges left. He should be all set. Guess he is going to be ok. Some lawyers on the jury I hear. So miller vs US should be known. That takes care of disturbing the peace.

Yance

Wow, they are still going through with brandishing and disturbing the peace!? I have a bad feeling the jury will hang him on this, if anything to "teach the kid a lesson"...I really hope I'm wrong, here's hoping at least one juror believes in the constitution.

Tucker6900

Wow, they are still going through with brandishing and disturbing the peace!? I have a bad feeling the jury will hang him on this, if anything to "teach the kid a lesson"...I really hope I'm wrong, here's hoping at least one juror believes in the constitution.

One would believe with the amount of coverage, positive or negative, has opened eyes across the country. Not to the side of the "evil guns", but opened them to the point of standing for the rights of the people.

I have been thinking positively about this case all day. Lets hope.

ken243

The appeal will be in front of a judge. One that can read hopefully. So that would over turn a conviction.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
What do you mean by this?

I think he means, that testimony was introduced into the transcripts by the defense that if they need to they have cause to appeal. It's important to enter stuff into the official record that can be used later.

MOC's attorneys did this in the CAD case in regards to a few constitutional issues, that generally help with appeals.