• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting incident

Greg Bradburn

http://www.wral.com/share/page/1896337/?id=11285170

The way this story was explained to me by a co-worker, before I read the article, is that this place is posted and obviously the perp ignored the sign but so apparently did the customer who shot the perp in the head.

I think it is interesting that while he was technically guilty of misdemeanor trespass (assuming he saw the sign and ignored it) that he will not be charged.

Hopefully this incident will reveal to store owners how pointless a "no guns" sign really is and how lucky those present (aside from the perp) were that an armed citizen was present.

62 Caddy

I guess I have not been at a Kangaroo in a while, are they all posted or just this location? It would be interesting to see if management has a new attitude about the "no gun" policy after this incident.

Last edited:

dmatting

I've been in the Kangaroo on 501 in Durham many times and I do not remember seeing any gunbuster signs and I've carried in there every time. Once with a Durham police officer in line behind me.

Chief1297

Nice to see someone with such an extensive rap sheet having the opportunity to turn his life around while endangering others instead of rotting in prison somewhere.

What, my comment didnt make sense?...I thought not...