• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trespass

The Big Guy

I initialy was going to stay out of this one, but Mr. Turners Speech to the unconstitutional Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs association kept ringing in my head. "we look forward to working with you" he said, (I have the recording.)

So looking from a distant prospective, We have a retired LEO, turned Shooting park designer for the County, for President.
Bob Irwin is a admitted "close friend" to the Clark County Sheriff as well as running for office again. Displayed in the past a dissent towards OC.
Randy mackie is unknown to me. a google search reveals no great legislative triumphs, to be fair hew may just be a guy that is willing to work to make change.

Those are the top three offices, and it looks like it would take 5 years and a large effort to penetrate. Is it possible that the NVFAC is a "replacement" Or "backup" to the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs? In some respects it looks like more Government, lobbying Government.
We already have too much of that.

Thank you for your observations. It does look however if we can have enough likeminded to attend the general membership meeting that we can make changes to the by-laws. I have asked Don Turner about the schedule for upcoming meetings and he has not replied as yet.

The idea of a strong association is sound but the current direction and lack of effort are very disturbing to me. So far there are over 200 members which isn't enough to accomplish much. The last Treasurers report listed about $18,000.00 in the bank which also isn't much to mount a fight on.

You are correct about the seemingly close ties to Gestapo Doug. One of the main things the association needs to work on is to get rid of one of freedoms biggest local foes and that is the Clark County Sheriff. I don't see them going after him given the leaderships strong ties to him and the county.

My suggestion is join, get active and make the changes we need to have a truly representative association.

TBG