Thread: New member and site Sponsor; teaches lawful use of lethal force

New member and site Sponsor; teaches lawful use of lethal force

Hello all,

I am an attorney and a writer, and my publisher Skip Coryell, who some of you may know, has just signed me up as a site sponsor. I've been active on gun sites in the past, and I've taught the legal use of lethal force for over 10 years as part of Michigan's "shall issue" Concealed Pistol License program. I'm a graduate of Gunsite Training Center (back when it was a 44 hour course) and many other handgun and self-defense training programs.

I look forward to getting to know you folks and in substantively contributing to the subject and law of "open" carry in the USA.

Cameron Reddy

Welcome. This place can be a little rough on new folks from time to time, but it is harmless, all in good humor, and really fun. Very informative site.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by cameronreddy View Post
    Hello all,

I am an attorney and a writer, and my publisher Skip Coryell, who some of you may know, has just signed me up as a site sponsor. I've been active on gun sites in the past, and I've taught the legal use of lethal force for over 10 years as part of Michigan's "shall issue" Concealed Pistol License program. I'm a graduate of Gunsite Training Center (back when it was a 44 hour course) and many other handgun and self-defense training programs.

I look forward to getting to know you folks and in substantively contributing to the subject and law of "open" carry in the USA.

Cameron Reddy
    Welcome!!

Does your expertise involve Michigan state law only, or are you knowledgeable of law specific to "legal use of lethal force" in other states as well?

Welcome and we will look forward to some legal wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Welcome!!

Does your expertise involve Michigan state law only, or are you knowledgeable of law specific to "legal use of lethal force" in other states as well?
    Thanks everyone. george jetson, technically only Michigan. But, Michigan common law is pretty consistent with the common law of most states, so the law I know generally applies to most states, with the provisos that, of course, I'm not rendering legal advice, and "your circumstances" may vary.

I hate lawyers' double speak! Even when I'm the lawyer doing it!

Welcome to OCDO.

Are you going to be posting here as an attorney, or as a lawyer.*

stay safe.

* We all know what attorneys are, and that they cannot be held liable for giving bad advice since we are ultimately responsible for deciding what course of action to take - even thoufgh we paid them for the privilege of hearing them say "This is what the law says, but it's a crap-shoot if the judge and/or jury will follow the law". Lawyers, on the other hand, are merely folks who are held by others as being knowledgeable about the law and how she works. They are not allowed by the guild to accept money for saying what they think.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit