• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member and site Sponsor; teaches lawful use of lethal force

cameronreddy

Hello all,

I am an attorney and a writer, and my publisher Skip Coryell, who some of you may know, has just signed me up as a site sponsor. I've been active on gun sites in the past, and I've taught the legal use of lethal force for over 10 years as part of Michigan's "shall issue" Concealed Pistol License program. I'm a graduate of Gunsite Training Center (back when it was a 44 hour course) and many other handgun and self-defense training programs.

I look forward to getting to know you folks and in substantively contributing to the subject and law of "open" carry in the USA.

Cameron Reddy

OC for ME

Welcome. This place can be a little rough on new folks from time to time, but it is harmless, all in good humor, and really fun. Very informative site.

georg jetson

Hello all,

I am an attorney and a writer, and my publisher Skip Coryell, who some of you may know, has just signed me up as a site sponsor. I've been active on gun sites in the past, and I've taught the legal use of lethal force for over 10 years as part of Michigan's "shall issue" Concealed Pistol License program. I'm a graduate of Gunsite Training Center (back when it was a 44 hour course) and many other handgun and self-defense training programs.

I look forward to getting to know you folks and in substantively contributing to the subject and law of "open" carry in the USA.

Cameron Reddy

Welcome!!

Does your expertise involve Michigan state law only, or are you knowledgeable of law specific to "legal use of lethal force" in other states as well?

cameronreddy

Welcome!!

Does your expertise involve Michigan state law only, or are you knowledgeable of law specific to "legal use of lethal force" in other states as well?

Thanks everyone. george jetson, technically only Michigan. But, Michigan common law is pretty consistent with the common law of most states, so the law I know generally applies to most states, with the provisos that, of course, I'm not rendering legal advice, and "your circumstances" may vary. :cuss:

I hate lawyers' double speak! Even when I'm the lawyer doing it! :banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

Are you going to be posting here as an attorney, or as a lawyer.*

stay safe.

* We all know what attorneys are, and that they cannot be held liable for giving bad advice since we are ultimately responsible for deciding what course of action to take - even thoufgh we paid them for the privilege of hearing them say "This is what the law says, but it's a crap-shoot if the judge and/or jury will follow the law". Lawyers, on the other hand, are merely folks who are held by others as being knowledgeable about the law and how she works. They are not allowed by the guild to accept money for saying what they think.