• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our very own Tess in the news?!

Steeler-gal

Surprisingly, or not surprisingly, I guess, I've found very few of the Divas willing to open carry. Steeler-gal is a notable exception. In fact, I think I read a comment from Tina recently that said something like "... don't know...why he felt the need to be armed...". There's still a remarkable willingness amongst the group to spend money in DC, to take part in outings at non-gun-friendly businesses, etc.

You're totally right. Most women in our group (and I guess everywhere) seem to automatically CC rather than OC. I've even hosted some OC events (dinners/lunches). I get a great turnout, like 10-15 women, and only 2 or 3 OC. Usually the only OCers I see in our group are you or Rianna. We now have GlockMom in or group and she OCs but I swear it seems like we're the only ones.

Steeler-gal

Well done!

Tina Wilson Cohen and I went to the NRA pistol instructors course together. Some of her "shooting divas" attended our Shoot for the cure event last year.

Like the story says, we have seen such a dramatic increase in female shooters in our classes. Back in the day, it was the girlfriend being dragged to a class. Now, the girlfriends and wives are the ones doing the dragging! :) Used to be that we'd see 10% of our students being female. Now, its easily 40%+.

Actually I believe Tess and I were two of the Divas who attended the Shoot For the Cure event last year.

GlockMom

You're totally right. Most women in our group (and I guess everywhere) seem to automatically CC rather than OC. I've even hosted some OC events (dinners/lunches). I get a great turnout, like 10-15 women, and only 2 or 3 OC. Usually the only OCers I see in our group are you or Rianna. We now have GlockMom in or group and she OCs but I swear it seems like we're the only ones.

Yep yep, I OC to the Diva events that I attend.

I even had a pleasant conversation with one lady at a Diva event about me OC'ing, she was new to shooting in general. She asked if it was legal, and was surprised it seemed that I was.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member

That's too bad about the lack of OC. The ladies that are regular attenders (2) of our OC lunches and dinners down here in Lynchburg OC both at the lunches and then regularly on their own as well. We have had some ladies show who do not OC, but most of them have not been regular attenders.