• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ OC Pamphlet?

Merlin

Hey yall,

Has anyone from the AZ crew managed to put together a cheat sheet with the relevant laws for AZ? Something like the one we have in the NV forum would be great:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?45415-Nevada-(Open)-Carry-Pamphlet

I like the trifold, but anything will do. I know since Constitutional Carry was enacted, things probably got a lot simpler in AZ, but for occasions that I travel there, I need to know where the invisible lines are. For example, in Nevada, public buildings are fair came for OC, but not CC. Last I heard, Jan Brewer of all people was against OC in public buildings (crazy, right?).

So, any cheat sheets? If not, anyone from your AZ forum feel like slapping something together? It is a great resource for us NV people. I like the trifold because I give it out to people when they ask me about my gun.

Get on it, slackers! :)

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Here's an example

http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/brochure.pdf

Michigan Open Carry (MOC) has given out thousands of these in our state. Many have found them very helpful, and honestly giving them out can also boost membership, well because people like it when you offer them a helping hand. :)

Gun laws can be confusing for lawyers, let alone a person just getting started in OC. I being the salty OC dog I am, now know I cannot carry in a municipal building in your state. But this thread demonstrates that many folks may be unclear on carrying in AZ.

Hell, I could see how someone new to your "Constitutional Carry" state could move in, then walk into a city hall somewhere in AZ while carrying to get a yard sale permit etc.. and end up on the wrong side of some prison bars :eek:

Food for thought ladies and gentlemen.

Merlin

Yeah, this exactly. The pamphlet is something that should be a sticky in each forum. If you are planning a trip, you can get the pamphlet for each state you will be in, and make sure you don't run afoul of some asinine local ordinance.

And being able to hand them out when people ask about your gun is awesome.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2