• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Window WARNING Decal

H8Rain

I found the attached window decal and wanted to put in on my front door. Does anyone see an issue with having this displayed? My biggest concern is say someone does break in and I am forced to shoot (and kill) them. Does having a sticker like this hurt me legally in any way?

Thanks!

Mark

Attachments

• Warning.jpg
    Warning.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 229

Lthrnck

Decal

You can bet the farm on it causing you problems...

Any lawyer would jump all over that, they would use it for every little bit of sympathy they can get out of it.

Freiheit417

I would instead recommend a sign that simply says "NO TRESPASSING."

IANAL, but I would think it would carry positive legal weight since you have informed the potentional intruder that they are not welcome, while at the same time not implying any intent or forethought to harm them.

Sig229

Why advertise that you have guns in your household?

Just moves your address to the top of a burglars list when he's driving around the neighborhood looking for people who are not home.

I dont even put any pro-gun decals on my cars either.

H8Rain

I actually thought just the opposite... figured if someone was looking for a house to break into that last house they would pick would be the one that has a gun owner in it. I thought it would act as more of a deterrent.

Oh well, based on the earlier comments (which makes perfect sense) NO decal of any sort is going up, except maybe a No Trespassing. I like that idea.

Thanks.

Sig229

I actually thought just the opposite... figured if someone was looking for a house to break into that last house they would pick would be the one that has a gun owner in it. .

Sure, its a HUGE deterrent. When your home.

But you would be surprised how disciplined and how even a semi-professional burglar will wait until a home owner is gone to steal some guns.

Stolen guns are like gold bars on the street.

scott58dh

I found the attached window decal and wanted to put in on my front door. Does anyone see an issue with having this displayed? My biggest concern is say someone does break in and I am forced to shoot (and kill) them. Does having a sticker like this hurt me legally in any way?

Thanks!

Mark

I considered putting an NRA sticker on my front door ONCE,,, but like Others have said, that's just a WELCOME SIGN to a BG saying,,

"Help Yourselves To MY Firearms While I'm Away! Don't Worry, I'll Clean Up The Mess After You're Done Tearing MY HOME Apart Lookin' For Em'."

Last edited:

rscottie

Reminds me of my grandpa and his "Posted No Trespassing" signs around his perimeter. He used to shoot a couple of holes in them as an additional warning.

I got him a sign one year that said, "If you can read this, you are in range" and it had cross-hairs on it.

He got a kick out of it but never posted it. It stayed in his out building over his work bench.

JohnnyO

It is a big leap thinking that the average criminal contemplating breaking in to a home can Read!