Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Topics That Need to be Left Alone Here

Two Topics That Need to be Left Alone Here

I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but I firmly believe that there are two topics we need to leave alone on this forum. Those topics are sexual orientation; our own and others, and religion.

We are a community devoted to the exercise of our rights and, as such, we are irretrievably entwined with that other taboo subject: politics. But, for the sake of preserving as much unity as possible, can we please leave the other two alone?

I do not care if you are gay, straight, or whatever. If we meet, and you, for whatever reason, choose to tell me, that will make absolutely no difference in how I view you as a person.

Your religious beliefs are between you and whatever Deity you choose to believe in, or not believe in. If you ask me, I will be happy to tell you of my beliefs, but I will in no way try to ram them down your throat. I agree that there are people out there who give religions a bad name. But let's not let ourselves be drawn into that quagmire, please.

Yeah, I know I'm not a moderator and I'm not the arbiter of anyone else's morality, ethics, or beliefs. I'm just an old guy who is trying to see this forum as outsiders may see it and politely, I hope, suggesting that we need to leave some things alone.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone and, if I have, I apologize in advance. Such was not my intent.

I will be very interested in the responses to this little note of mine.

My wife, and me agree.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

The gods I worship approve.

Although when I saw the title, I would have thought it was 9mm v .45
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 07-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    The gods I worship approve.

Why would you think that? There is no debate, 9mm has been proven time and again to out perform the slow. 45 round.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

For the most part, I would agree. How will we discuss carrying in church.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but I firmly believe that there are two topics we need to leave alone on this forum. Those topics are sexual orientation; our own and others, and religion.

We are a community devoted to the exercise of our rights and, as such, we are irretrievably entwined with that other taboo subject: politics. But, for the sake of preserving as much unity as possible, can we please leave the other two alone?

I do not care if you are gay, straight, or whatever. If we meet, and you, for whatever reason, choose to tell me, that will make absolutely no difference in how I view you as a person.

Your religious beliefs are between you and whatever Deity you choose to believe in, or not believe in. If you ask me, I will be happy to tell you of my beliefs, but I will in no way try to ram them down your throat. I agree that there are people out there who give religions a bad name. But let's not let ourselves be drawn into that quagmire, please.

Yeah, I know I'm not a moderator and I'm not the arbiter of anyone else's morality, ethics, or beliefs. I'm just an old guy who is trying to see this forum as outsiders may see it and politely, I hope, suggesting that we need to leave some things alone.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone and, if I have, I apologize in advance. Such was not my intent.

You seem to have forgotten one of the Most important issues at debate since the beginning of time,,,

Chocolate - Vanilla or Strawberry

I vote,,,,,,STRAWBERRY !!!

Seriously though, thanks for your attempt to bring some rational (albeit at times a little fuzzy, due to varied subjects discussed) thought to this forum.

I'll be Praying for you as things sometimes become a little out of control, but it ain't MY fault,,,

Beratta92FSLady ALWAYS Starts IT !!!
    Last edited by scott58dh; 07-12-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post

Why? (Besides it being a hot button for a few)

I am straight and agnostic.

When others want to counter my points or debate my position they may do it better knowing my orientation or religious beliefs. I do the same. When someone gay also believes in positivist view point of law and that democracy should rule it's good to point out or see where their standpoint on proposition 8 a majority backed initiative properly voted on and enacted. Me I think it should be struck down, but I don't believe in mob rule or positivism. I also don't believe in State sanctioned gay marriage but hey non straight people it is only because I don't believe in any state sanctioning of our private lives. I don't need state permission in contracting personal relationships.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post

No No No No No No Noooooooooooooooooo ! Not that! 9mm is my choice (ahh, here they come, a gun'n for me)

I don't care if someone is gay but they should not have the same rights as a true couple.
    Jesus did not tell me to hunt gays down, just that being gay isn't exactly normal and is a sin.
    And if it is a sin, that should not bother the OP .. 'cause he's already on the express to the hot zone.

And I think that if I told the OP that I like 5 yr old boys, I'm sure he wouldn't mind that, right? So there is a line, see?

As George Carlin said "My God has a bigger **** than your god!"

ps: I don't go for 5 yr old boys
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-12-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by altajava View Post
    [snippers] How will we discuss carrying in church.
    How will we discuss carrying during a lesbo's night out?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    [snippers]

Beratta92FSLady ALWAYS Starts IT !!!
    You start it with your flamboyant posts...I mean Colorful Posts, sorry, we aren't supposed to talk about Sexual Orientation.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-13-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic that suffered from insomnia? He sat up all night wondering if there really is a dog.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    No No No No No No Noooooooooooooooooo ! Not that! 9mm is my choice (ahh, here they come, a gun'n for me)
    [snippers]
    9mm is not a choice! I was born with a limp-wrist.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-13-2012 at 12:10 AM.

9mm vs 45??? I'll compromise and meet in the middle!! 40 S&W..
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

two topics?

I can't remember anyone talking about sex or religion or anything else.
    I suffer from CRS. (can't remember stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh
    You seem to have forgotten one of the most important issues at debate since the beginning of time:
    chocolate, vanilla or strawberry
    You think there are flavors other than chocolate? Die, heretic!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth
    being gay isn't exactly normal and is a sin.
    Used to be, many 'Christians' would say the same about someone being left-handed.

Besides, if you accept the premise that your diety made everything [Genesis 1:1], and especially made humans in its image [Genesis 1:27], then the diety is both male & female, is all skin colors, and is all orientations.
    Of course, if you want to get into what the Bible lists as sins we'll be here for weeks.
    Do you wear cotton-polyester clothes? Eat crab, lobster, shrimp, bacon? Shave your beard?
    [See how knowing the person you're debating & bringing in references which are relevent to his/her world view makes for a more effective debate?]
    Last edited by MKEgal; 07-13-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Why would you think that? There is no debate, 9mm has been proven time and again to out perform the slow. 45 round.
    So... it's ok to call the .45 slow?

Well the 9mm is gay!!! So there.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 07-13-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    [snippers]then the diety is both male & female, is all skin colors, and is all orientations.
    [snippers]]
    Are you stating the God is a mulatto bi-sexual intersex Deity?

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    So... it's ok call the .45 slow?

Well the 9mm is gay!!! So there.
    I have noticed that there is something happy about the way the 9mm hits the target; as opposed to the fat-a$$..I mean to say Husky snail-paced .45. Just say'n.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I have noticed that there is something happy about the way the 9mm hits the target; as opposed to the fat-a$$..I mean to say Husky snail-paced .45. Just say'n.
    Husky is cool...

Hey!?!?! Usually you have an Obama avatar. Why'd you switch to Will Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Husky is cool...

Hey!?!?! Usually you have an Obama avatar. Why'd you switch to Will Smith?
    That is Obama LMFAO! Let me guess: "They all look the same to me".

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    That is Obama LMFAO! Let me guess: "They all look the same to me".
    Um... Who's "they"?!?! Perhaps someone needs a time out.

It must be Will Smith 'cause Obama is anti-gun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Used to be, many 'Christians' would say the same about someone being left-handed.

[/I]]
    Are you saying that left handed people are not evil? I'm not saying they are, I'm not saying they are not either...

Maybe to be sure, just cut off all left hands? Case solved.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-13-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sock monkeyyy.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	8837

Here's another pic of Obama you might want to use.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sock monkeyyy.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	8837

Here's another pic of Obama you might want to use.
    I sat here for a minute, and can't think of anything to type in response.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-13-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Searched high-and-low for President Obama with a gun in his hand (been searching for about two years, off-and-on), and this is all I find!

Dear Bereta92FSLady, All you had to do was ask,Attachment 8838,,,ENJOY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast