• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Topics That Need to be Left Alone Here

davidmcbeth

Banned
Used to be, many 'Christians' would say the same about someone being left-handed.

[/I]]

Are you saying that left handed people are not evil? I'm not saying they are, I'm not saying they are not either...

Maybe to be sure, just cut off all left hands? Case solved.

Last edited:

scott58dh

Searched high-and-low for President Obama with a gun in his hand (been searching for about two years, off-and-on), and this is all I find!

Dear Bereta92FSLady, All you had to do was ask,:arrow:View attachment 8838,,,ENJOY:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

Beretta92FSLady

Searched high-and-low for President Obama with a gun in his hand (been searching for about two years, off-and-on), and this is all I find!

Dear Bereta92FSLady, All you had to do was ask,:arrow:View attachment 8838,,,ENJOY:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

LMAO! I love the smile on his face, he's driving, and he shooting. Freaking hilarious. My daughter is sitting here wondering what I'm laughing at.

scott58dh

I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but I firmly believe that there are two topics we need to leave alone on this forum. Those topics are sexual orientation; our own and others, and religion.
We are a community devoted to the exercise of our rights and, as such, we are irretrievably entwined with that other taboo subject: politics. But, for the sake of preserving as much unity as possible, can we please leave the other two alone?
I do not care if you are gay, straight, or whatever. If we meet, and you, for whatever reason, choose to tell me, that will make absolutely no difference in how I view you as a person.
Your religious beliefs are between you and whatever Deity you choose to believe in, or not believe in. If you ask me, I will be happy to tell you of my beliefs, but I will in no way try to ram them down your throat. I agree that there are people out there who give religions a bad name. But let's not let ourselves be drawn into that quagmire, please.
Yeah, I know I'm not a moderator and I'm not the arbiter of anyone else's morality, ethics, or beliefs. I'm just an old guy who is trying to see this forum as outsiders may see it and politely, I hope, suggesting that we need to leave some things alone.
Again, I am not trying to offend anyone and, if I have, I apologize in advance. Such was not my intent.
I will be very interested in the responses to this little note of mine.

See what YOU started. Here ***WE*** all "were",,, one BIG Fat, Dumb & Lazy Dysfunctional Family.

THEN You come along with wanting to make it all perfect, &,,,&,,,& Not that there's anything WRONG with that,,,

[video=youtube;Oj3VphK9AMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3VphK9AMk[/video]

scott58dh

You think there are flavors other than chocolate? :shocker: Die, heretic!

Used to be, many 'Christians' would say the same about someone being left-handed.

Besides, if you accept the premise that your diety made everything [Genesis 1:1], and especially made humans in its image [Genesis 1:27], then the diety is both male & female, is all skin colors, and is all orientations.
Of course, if you want to get into what the Bible lists as sins we'll be here for weeks.
Do you wear cotton-polyester clothes? Eat crab, lobster, shrimp, bacon? Shave your beard?
[See how knowing the person you're debating & bringing in references which are relevent to his/her world view makes for a more effective debate?]

You sound Just like one of ***THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE*** !!!

A DYED IN THE WOOL,,,,View attachment 8840,,,,,,FAN. YUUUCCH!!!!!

Jack House

I don't care if someone is gay but they should not have the same rights as a true couple.
Jesus did not tell me to hunt gays down, just that being gay isn't exactly normal and is a sin.
And if it is a sin, that should not bother the OP .. 'cause he's already on the express to the hot zone.
Can I have two wives too? I don't need or want 700 like Soloman, two is fine for me.

Also can they be arranged marriages? You know, like a proper traditional marriage. Because I have some cattle I'd like to trade. ;)

You think there are flavors other than chocolate? :shocker: Die, heretic!
I like you. :D

Being left handed is a sin, duh.

WOD

*walks in.... looks around.... checks the sign on the door,.....scratches head........ looks at sign on the door again...... mutters inaudibly ..... walks out. "

*Runs back in and yells* Hey you kids! Get offa my lawn!

WalkingWolf

I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but I firmly believe that there are two topics we need to leave alone on this forum. Those topics are sexual orientation; our own and others, and religion.

We are a community devoted to the exercise of our rights and, as such, we are irretrievably entwined with that other taboo subject: politics. But, for the sake of preserving as much unity as possible, can we please leave the other two alone?

I do not care if you are gay, straight, or whatever. If we meet, and you, for whatever reason, choose to tell me, that will make absolutely no difference in how I view you as a person.

Your religious beliefs are between you and whatever Deity you choose to believe in, or not believe in. If you ask me, I will be happy to tell you of my beliefs, but I will in no way try to ram them down your throat. I agree that there are people out there who give religions a bad name. But let's not let ourselves be drawn into that quagmire, please.

Yeah, I know I'm not a moderator and I'm not the arbiter of anyone else's morality, ethics, or beliefs. I'm just an old guy who is trying to see this forum as outsiders may see it and politely, I hope, suggesting that we need to leave some things alone.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone and, if I have, I apologize in advance. Such was not my intent.

I will be very interested in the responses to this little note of mine.

We usually save our rejoicing to God for bed time with our girlfriend, if that is OK... :banana:

SFCRetired

Well, this was fun. Now, any outsiders looking at the forum will conclude that we are a bunch of loons!!:D Not that there is anything wrong with loons.

What I was trying to point out in my original post was, "What does the public see when they view our posts." By "public", I mean those folks who are not yet a part of our little happy family. Perception, folks, perception.

As for davidmcbeth's comment,"And if it is a sin, that should not bother the OP .. 'cause he's already on the express to the hot zone," all I have to say is the same thing I told a Baptist preacher many years ago. This worthy gentleman was told that I had been seen with a young lady of less-than-stellar reputation and decided to come around on a Saturday morning and "counsel" me. The conversation went like this:

Preacher: "Boy, you wuz seen going out with that girl last night."

Me: "Preacher, it's none of your business who I went out with."
(Yep, I was just a wee tad hung over and in no mood for foolishness.)

Preacher: "Boy, don't you want to go to Heaven?"

Me: "Preacher, where do the good girls go?"

Preacher: "Why to Heaven, of course!"

Me: "And where do the bad girls go?"

Preacher: "Why, to Hail!!" (Yes, that is the way he pronounced Hell>)

Me: "And just which ones do you have the most fun with?"

Preacher didn't talk to me for three months, but we did have some interesting sermons.

FWIW, I may go to the hot zone, but I'll damn sure have a lot of company.

1245A Defender

well,,,

I agree with the OP, that off topic rants about sex, religion and Many other opinions should be avoided in our posts,,, BUT

In the imortal words of one of our great orators,,, Meatloaf..

Good girls go to heaven,,,, but
the bad girls go EVERYWHERE!!!

hjmoosejaw

I told a guy at work that I thought Obama reminded me of a sock monkey. and he said "Isn't that a little racist?" How in the hell is that racist? Since when did a sock monkey belong to a race? This political correctness stuff is getting nuts. A sock monkey is a sock monkey. So I guess that guy is going to accuse me of profiling because every time I see a Teddy Bear, I think TERRORIST! I'm tired of them Raggedy Anns sponging off the system too.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I told a guy at work that I thought Obama reminded me of a sock monkey. and he said "Isn't that a little racist?" How in the hell is that racist? Since when did a sock monkey belong to a race? This political correctness stuff is getting nuts. A sock monkey is a sock monkey. So I guess that guy is going to accuse me of profiling because every time I see a Teddy Bear, I think TERRORIST! I'm tired of them Raggedy Anns sponging off the system too.

NOW the NAACP claims that the term Obamacare is racist~~WTH? They want it only refereed to as Affordable(sic) Health Care Act. If it is so great a bill why in the world would Obama not want his name on it? But just like using his middle name which rightfully belongs to him they say it is racist. I think Obama needs to sign a executive order with a list of acceptable names we can call him. Heck we can't even call him a Muslim because that is racist. Or make fun of his big ears because that might infer to his sexual orientation.

Ca Patriot

I once asked a girl if she was a semite and she got all pissed off and said "that is so rude, my family is jewish"