Thread: Grant Co (WA) Sheriff

Grant Co (WA) Sheriff

Thought you guys might like to know...the Grant Co. (WA) Sheriff is having a raffle to benefit the two Spokane Deputies that were shot a couple weeks ago. First prize? A gun...Oh ya, a S&W MP40

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Gun-o...162254445.html
    Last edited by hermannr; 07-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.

so you can only buy them in person?
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_dave View Post
    so you can only buy them in person?
    I don't know. You could call and ask the Spokane or Grant County Sheriffs offices. They may be available at other County Sheriff's offices too???not just those two counties.

Just saw it on TV and thought some here might be interested.

I sure hope you can buy these tickets over the phone. Even though I just bought an M&P 40 last week I could use one for my other hip.

My office is in the same complex with the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. If it's not possible to buy these over the phone or otherwise remotely, PM me and I can/will get them for you. Trust me, I'm a lawyer! :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

I wonder who paid for the prizes to be raffled. I hope it wasn't the tax payers.

Also this post is a rules violation. Not only is it an unauthorized advertisement, but gun raffles are specifically banned in the rules.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 07-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    I wonder who paid for the prizes to be raffled. I hope it wasn't the tax payers.

Also this post is a rules violation. Not only is it an unauthorized advertisement, but gun raffles are specifically banned in the rules.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
    I am going to allow this since all proceeds go to the deputy. It also is more in the nature of a news article than an ad. But this does not change the general rule.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I am going to allow this since all proceeds go to the deputy. It also is more in the nature of a news article than an ad. But this does not change the general rule.

John
    Thank you. Our deputies are mostly covered but their families need help (both have young children). The only good thing about this story is that the shooter spared us the expense of his trial and subsequent incarceration. Thanks again.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

John

Thanks for the response.

P.S. I was not trying to say anything negative about the ad, or its cause. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 07-13-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

I will buy a ticket if I can do so over the phone or online. Although this is a serious subject I would love to see mayor Bloombergs reaction to a LEO agency raffling a gun to support a shot officer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

John
    Thank you John, It wasn't intended to be an "add".

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post

The procedes from the raffle are funding the prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    The procedes from the raffle are funding the prizes.
    Good to know, thanks.