• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Problems!

mahkagari

So what happens when nobody, ever, at any time or any place,
has anybody raise a fuss about a MWAG or otherwise raise the alarm about us OC'ers?
What will we talk about then?

Ah, the dilemna of achieving purpose.

Like OC on the beach... or the perils of wearing a shoulder holster while breast feeding an infant,

There's a good video somewhere on the interwebz DW was watching of a woman going over adapting her wardrobe for carry. It included her various baby slings. It's about 15 minutes long and she's cute as all dickens though you don't see her face. Brains and attitude are plenty to make you fall for her.

M-Taliesin

There's a good video somewhere on the interwebz DW was watching of a woman going over adapting her wardrobe for carry. It included her various baby slings. It's about 15 minutes long and she's cute as all dickens though you don't see her face. Brains and attitude are plenty to make you fall for her.

Howdy Pard!
I know who you are talking about. She is cute, I'll agree. She has a bunch of videos that range from how to choose a concealment holster, what to wear with a dress, what to wear with a real slender frame, carrying a defensive knife, and one shows her eyes because she received a shemaug from one of her loyal fans. She also demonstrates drawing the pistol with various holsters.

And you're right on the money... she is smart as a whip with plenty of attitude to back it up.

But she ain't about open carry. Not that I've seen. I believe she'd be a terrific asset to our forum if she could be converted to the light side of the force!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

GAMER80116

Thanks for the post, M-T. I enjoy reading your posts, especially when they are humorously true :). What is really humorous is the irony that a nice gentleman just came into my gun shop open carrying when I was writing this post lol. Have a good day everyone!

wmodavis

Y'all do know that Mel does also advocate CCW don't you?

...but only in nudist colonies.

mahkagari

Ohhhhhhhh......You came THIS close to owing me a new computer!!!!

I was already to launch into an anti-hypocrisy "have it and not need it diatribe" when I saw your second line. I nearly dropped my laptop laughing.

M-Taliesin

Ohhhhhhhh......You came THIS close to owing me a new computer!!!!

I was already to launch into an anti-hypocrisy "have it and not need it diatribe" when I saw your second line. I nearly dropped my laptop laughing.

Howdy Mahk!
Ohhhhhhhh..... And I'll bet that's a really expensive laptop too!
Good that you have it and not need it than drop it and not have it!

See how I brought that around so neatly?
Ain't I a caution?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mahkagari

Ohhhhhhhh..... And I'll bet that's a really expensive laptop too!

Actually, I'm a cheap bastard and got the least expensive I could. Since I remote into my work computer, I don't need much. As much as I would like to think I need hefty computing power, the reality is my laptop is a glorified Netflix box and Facebook reader. My brother uses his PSP for more interesting purposes. Dammit, I really overpaid for this thing. I could actually probably make do with just my phone so I really don't need it. Ok, now I'm depressed. Damn you, M-T. I was actually in a good mood until you brought me down. *criesintobeerthathe'snotdrinking'causehedoesn'tlikehops*

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Actually, I'm a cheap bastard and got the least expensive I could. Since I remote into my work computer, I don't need much. As much as I would like to think I need hefty computing power, the reality is my laptop is a glorified Netflix box and Facebook reader. My brother uses his PSP for more interesting purposes. Dammit, I really overpaid for this thing. I could actually probably make do with just my phone so I really don't need it. Ok, now I'm depressed. Damn you, M-T. I was actually in a good mood until you brought me down. *criesintobeerthathe'snotdrinking'causehedoesn'tlikehops*

Howdy Mahk!
Gee... sorry to bring you down buddy! But at least you have that real expensive phone that can do your stuff on! LOL!

Hope that brings up your mood somewhat. If not, just think how well the Rockys are doing this year.
Oh, that just makes things a whole lot more depressing, don't it!?!?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
The gloves must come off. We need more cops to abuse our rights so we have fodder to write about. We need more night managers who don't know the corporate policy when they throw us out of their store so we have something to relate on the forum. We need citizens to, in all good order, manifest shock or fear and run screaming in some direction away from us so we can share that experience with folks on the OCDO Colorado forum. Where are all those folks taking umbrage at our OCing? Where are the stalwart hearts who are supposed to challenge our right to carry our sidearms on the streets or shops where we are seen every day?

I personally am hoping to have an LEO experience go south one day just so I have material to write posts expressing my general annoyance and outrage at their infringement of my 2a rights.

Guess I'll need to travel out of state, because Colorado is just too darn accepting of our rights to make for great posts!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Ha! Wit. Sarcasm. I like that! :lol: