• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Washington OC report

Fibresteve

I searched for a thread on reports of OC in SW Washington but found none so I will get one started.

7/12/12

Wal Mart in Woodland. No problems. Employees were all smiles and very friendly. Even bought 6 boxes of ammo.

Next on to The Barbers in Salmon Creek. Again all smiles and a great haircut too!

Took the truck to Alan Webb Nissan in Vancouver. Very friendly staff. They did screw up and forgot to use my own oil that I brought(Mobil 1). But they rectified the mistake by changing it again at no charge. Apologized several times. One of the young salesman asked what kind of gun I was carrying and said he just moved here from Michigan. Asked how long it takes to get his CPL. Told him usually a few weeks. Said you don't need one to OC and he was surprised.
Informed him that WA state is an OC state.

After the Nissan Dealer I went across the street to Dick Hannah Dodge to check out the new Charger. Sales guy came out and I asked to drive a particular one. He said all he needed was a copy of my drivers license and I said no. I then offered to show him that I have a license I just don't want you to have a copy of it for privacy reasons. He said "OK" and went in to get the key. He comes back a minute later and says he can't do the test drive without a copy of my DL. Says its some new corporate law. I told him that was odd because just two months prior I took a test drive at the same dealership without them copying it and in fact it was with you! He stopped for a minute and then said he remembered me. He said just a minute and went back inside. While he was inside it dawned on me. Maybe it's my gun on my hip. I totally forgot it was even there! I go inside and see him talking to 4 other sales people/ managers behind the glass. Next he comes out and he tells me he will be right out with the key. We take the test drive and all is well. Not sure if the manager just didn't want to send one of his salesman on a drive with a man with a gun or what.

Overall it was a good day.

Fibresteve

7/23/12

Went to these places in Longview today.

Kaiser Permanente- couldn't OC or CC due to the sign on the entrance that states no weapons. Did have a couple different employees ask about the "got sig?" shirt I was wearing.

Red Canoe Credit Union- No issues just friendly service.

Safeway Gas- no issues

Three Rivers Mall- No issues. Talked to an employee at the Verizon kiosk, was surprised when he saw my pistol. Asked if I was a cop. Said no, just an armed citizen.

Fibresteve

7/24/12

Woodland Starbucks- Once again no issues. Most of the employees know me in here. All smiles

Washman carwash in Longview- Had a guy ask me what I was carrying while wiping down the car after getting washed. Told him a Sig P228 (thought it was appropriate since I was wearing my "got sig?" shirt) Said he has a couple Kahr pistols and carries concealed when he can. Gave me props for OC.

Bob's Sporting goods- Wife and I went in to look at gun safes and she ended up putting a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in .40 on layaway! So much cooler then a pair of shoes. LOL!

Safeway gas in Longview- no issues