Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: OP in Greensboro

  1. #1
    Regular Member FoxFireArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15

    OP in Greensboro

    So i am pretty new to open carrying, its been about two weeks since i started. I bought a Springfield Armory XD 45. acp compact. Though im new to open carrying i have been shooting all of my life. So im not new to useing a firearm. Well so far i have only had one person even ask about me open carrying and it was a guy at gamestop, he was very cool about it just wanted to know what type of handgun it was and was talking about how he was going to get one soon. I also drove through a police stop in Kernersville nc, I informed the officer i had a handgun and he was very nice about it just asked me to not reach for it and did not ask me for ID. So i was just wondering if your from around here what places have you been and if you have had any kind of negetive confrontations while you open carried?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    charlotte/mint hill
    Posts
    34
    I to recently started open carrying here in charlotte mint hill area, i carry just about everywhere every day examples; WalMart, gas stations , AutoZone that's just a few but I've had no problems. I printed off the flyer from the thread that says OC FLYER and carry it with me it has great information that I show inquisitive people or should a Leo feel the need to bother me he or she can learn alot from it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Glad to see more OCers in the state, Welcome. The questions I usually get are about my guns, I have never had anybody, anywhere give me a hassle.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    94
    Nice to see another fellow OCer in my area. Im from High Point. Although I tend to be more CCing than OCing these days.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Posts
    24
    I visit my family regularly in Sophia and I always carry. I have been all through High Point, Greensboro, and Asheboro while carrying and had no problems whatsoever. For the most part people seem to have no issues at all. Just be careful about certain parts of Greensboro. I have heard that the LEOs in certain parts don't like to see firearms at all and will not hesitate to arrest/threaten you. Also, nice choice on the weapon. That's my carry as well

  6. #6
    Regular Member FoxFireArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    Its nice to see we have more then a few gun owners willing to go out and protect there right. would be pretty cool to run into a few of you around in the area.

  7. #7
    Regular Member FoxFireArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by c1ph3r88 View Post
    I visit my family regularly in Sophia and I always carry. I have been all through High Point, Greensboro, and Asheboro while carrying and had no problems whatsoever. For the most part people seem to have no issues at all. Just be careful about certain parts of Greensboro. I have heard that the LEOs in certain parts don't like to see firearms at all and will not hesitate to arrest/threaten you. Also, nice choice on the weapon. That's my carry as well
    Thank you for the advice and yeah im loveing the xd i was torn between a glock or this and i went with my gut that i did

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Southside Virginia
    Posts
    3

    Greensboro OC

    I just moved from Virginia to Greensboro and I open carry all the time. Yesterday, a young man came up to me asking what agency I was a member of and tole me that I was scaring him (half-heartedly). I told him there was nothing to be scared about because I was just protecting myself. I then asked him why he didn't have a weapon of his own. Started a GREAT conversation about protecting yourself and how he didn't truly know the gun laws of NC. I am taking him shooting later this week.

  9. #9
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    if you want to have a meet and greet in Greensboro, just set the day and we will be there. i think we really ought to have one in the area


    BTW, weapons are illegal in NC we can carry a handgun lots of places
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    if you want to have a meet and greet in Greensboro, just set the day and we will be there. i think we really ought to have one in the area


    BTW, weapons are illegal in NC we can carry a handgun lots of places
    Weapons are not illegal in NC, just certain ones cannot be concealed, but then it is kinda hard to conceal a car or truck.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    9
    I think it's way past time for another meet up in Gboro. When and where?

  12. #12
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    how about July the 28th, or Aug. the 4th. any body know of anything going on that would interfere with those dates. could make it the Fridays of those weekends.

    say meet at Golden Coral or maybe at a Chinese buffet. i am not that familiar with g'boro. i like to have a high profile place, but still one we can carry at.

    i also have no problem with inviting some of the local authority
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    greensboro northcarolina
    Posts
    33

    new to open carry

    hi , ive read all of you guys postings... thanks for all the info... so i decided to open carry this morning, well i decided to go to bojangles on battleground...having my gun on me felt so natural , like it was ment to be , i got a few looks but no one said anything...i left and felt good about open carry. The only thing is my friends and a few family members are bringing me down by saying your crazy , wierd or looking for trouble, i explained to them its our right ..I dnt care what they say it felt great to open carry and im going to continue, i seen where you guys are organizing a get together and id love to come ... please set it up ....

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb197901 View Post
    hi , ive read all of you guys postings... thanks for all the info... so i decided to open carry this morning, well i decided to go to bojangles on battleground...having my gun on me felt so natural , like it was ment to be , i got a few looks but no one said anything...i left and felt good about open carry. The only thing is my friends and a few family members are bringing me down by saying your crazy , wierd or looking for trouble, i explained to them its our right ..I dnt care what they say it felt great to open carry and im going to continue, i seen where you guys are organizing a get together and id love to come ... please set it up ....
    Your personal feelings and beliefs should never waver just because someone says "it's crazy" or "you are looking for trouble". You never know, you might need your weapon the one day that you get pressured out of carrying it. My family said the same thing at first and now they fully support me. My own mother even wants to get a carry weapon now.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    greensboro northcarolina
    Posts
    33

    new to open carry

    Thanks for the response. I plan on open carry today atleast till I get to work , I still would like a get together to meet people near me that open carry....z

  16. #16
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    any of you want to meet Aug 3 Fri night. say about 6:30 at the golden corral.or we can set it for 4th. or just do it the next weekend. let everybody know
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  17. #17
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    well snot GRAPESHOT. i was going to say good job to RYANB.

    anyway anybody still up for this weekend?

    if not some of the triangle bunch is getting together
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    greensboro northcarolina
    Posts
    33

    new to open carry harristeeter

    let me explain why i ask the manager, well that harristeeter just had got robed 2 weeks earler , so i dint wana scare anyone...the robbers were armed with a bb gun i figured the whole store needed a lil for warning or deserved.... i happen to know someone that works there , and it was scary i was told all about it...

  19. #19
    Rsmoore1983
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    any of you want to meet Aug 3 Fri night. say about 6:30 at the golden corral.or we can set it for 4th. or just do it the next weekend. let everybody know
    Hey Everyone, I'm new to the concept of open carry (and this forum) and would like to meetup and discuss this with some "knowledgeable" people. I'm gone this weekend but would be willing to meetup in the future. I know several groups around the state use the meetup.com website to schedule their get-togethers like the Triangle Open Carry and it would be nice to have something for the Greensboro area. I look forward to meeting everyone.
    Last edited by Rsmoore1983; 08-02-2012 at 11:18 AM.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmoore1983 View Post
    Hey Everyone, I'm new to the concept of open carry (and this forum) and would like to meetup and discuss this with some "knowledgeable" people. I'm gone this weekend but would be willing to meetup in the future. I know several groups around the state use the meetup.com website to schedule their get-togethers like the Triangle Open Carry and it would be nice to have something for the Greensboro area. I look forward to meeting everyone.
    Welcome aboard OCDO.

    You should consider GRNC as part of your resources. Good people there working to improve the RKBA laws in NC.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mount Airy, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    3

    Mount Airy NC

    I know the feeling. Today i just went shopping. Figured I would exercise my right in the state. Had no problem went to the gas station Doallar Tree then walmart. Did get some looks though. But felt great to excrise my right

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    greensboro northcarolina
    Posts
    33

    open carry

    Great to hear others taking a stand and carring ....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •