Thread: Selling a firearm

Selling a firearm

I think this has been mentioned a few times, and I tried the search option but it didn't help much so here is my question.
    Is there any legal requirements to selling a firearm in Ky? Do I just hand the guy a pistol, and he hand me the money, and that's it? I know that Firearms are not registered in Ky.
    The thing is , my daughters boyfriend is trying for his CCW and he wants to get a gun, to practice with, and eventually have his own. He asked if I would be willing to sell him one. I do have one that he likes, but wanted to know if there is more than just money changing hands.
    Thanks, Comm

Quote Originally Posted by Comm View Post
    I think this has been mentioned a few times, and I tried the search option but it didn't help much so here is my question.
    Is there any legal requirements to selling a firearm in Ky? Do I just hand the guy a pistol, and he hand me the money, and that's it? I know that Firearms are not registered in Ky.
    The thing is , my daughters boyfriend is trying for his CCW and he wants to get a gun, to practice with, and eventually have his own. He asked if I would be willing to sell him one. I do have one that he likes, but wanted to know if there is more than just money changing hands.
    Thanks, Comm

That is all there is to it. Of course, you cannot sell to someone that is ineligible to own a gun, if you know he/she is ineligible.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by Comm View Post
    Thanks, Comm
    Actually, it should be the other way around. He hands you the money and you have the gun and he has no money and you have the gun.....WHAT!....did I just type that out-loud?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare