Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Virgil Goode? Are you KIDDING me?

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Virgil Goode? Are you KIDDING me?

    What in the world is this guy thinking? Is he an IDIOT?

    Is he really going to stay in the race and hand over Virginia's electoral votes to Obama?

    This is about as critical to our self-defense and firearms rights as it can get!

    Virgil Goode Says Not To Discount Him In November

    TFred

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    49
    ????????

  3. #3
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    More reporting on this unbelievable idiot:

    http://washingtonexaminer.com/goode-...rticle/2501786

    "Claimed" to switch from D to R... Yeah right... just in time to hand the election to Obama on a silver platter.

    TFred

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    More reporting on this unbelievable idiot:

    http://washingtonexaminer.com/goode-...rticle/2501786

    "Claimed" to switch from D to R... Yeah right... just in time to hand the election to Obama on a silver platter.

    TFred
    I agree to a point TFred. I know Virgil, had dealings with him while he was in the GA and like him. I also think he needs to sit this one out.

    As far as Romney...he's no better than Obama and maybe worse.

    Once again we're given a choice between Crabs or the Clap (Sorry ladies I have no manners)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    i agree to a point tfred. I know virgil, had dealings with him while he was in the ga and like him. I also think he needs to sit this one out.

    As far as romney...he's no better than obama and maybe worse.

    Once again we're given a choice between crabs or the clap (sorry ladies I have no manners)
    isn't it more like herpes and hiv no way to get rid of either one, though one will kill you

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    isn't it more like herpes and hiv no way to get rid of either one, though one will kill you
    Good point, and more politically correct in print.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I agree to a point TFred. I know Virgil, had dealings with him while he was in the GA and like him. I also think he needs to sit this one out.

    As far as Romney...he's no better than Obama and maybe worse.

    Once again we're given a choice between Crabs or the Clap (Sorry ladies I have no manners)
    I dunno... setting economics aside (in consideration that this is a firearms forum), I really don't see how you can count the two equal in the only issue that really matters, SCOTUS appointments. Romney would never appoint a Sotomayor or a Kagan.

    There is simply no possible way Virgil Goode on the ballot helps our cause, and since Virginia is a key battleground state this year, it is almost a certainty that it will set us back decades, if not centuries, if Obama can replace any one of the Heller and McDonald majority justices.

    TFred

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I dunno... setting economics aside (in consideration that this is a firearms forum), I really don't see how you can count the two equal in the only issue that really matters, SCOTUS appointments. Romney would never appoint a Sotomayor or a Kagan.

    There is simply no possible way Virgil Goode on the ballot helps our cause, and since Virginia is a key battleground state this year, it is almost a certainty that it will set us back decades, if not centuries, if Obama can replace any one of the Heller and McDonald majority justices.

    TFred
    Look at Romney's real position on gun control. He starts looking more like Obama ll the time.

    I think this will be another lose/lose election.

  9. #9
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Look at Romney's real position on gun control. He starts looking more like Obama ll the time.

    I think this will be another lose/lose election.
    That may certainly be, but I think any SCOTUS appointees that he might make to support his other positions would certainly be better than any Obama appointees, who would be picked for their views against every conservative platform.

    TFred

  10. #10
    Regular Member mk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    That may certainly be, but I think any SCOTUS appointees that he might make to support his other positions would certainly be better than any Obama appointees, who would be picked for their views against every conservative platform.

    TFred
    i tend to agree, TFred.
    i think the one thing Obummer salivates most over is the chance to ideologically change the SCOTUS. it gives me nightmares...
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

  11. #11
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    That may certainly be, but I think any SCOTUS appointees that he might make to support his other positions would certainly be better than any Obama appointees, who would be picked for their views against every conservative platform.

    TFred

    1+

    We can look for a third party prez in 2016..
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  12. #12
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    isn't it more like herpes and hiv no way to get rid of either one, though one will kill you
    I suspect many freedom-loving Americans will practice abstinence and stay at home this November.

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    I suspect many freedom-loving Americans will practice abstinence and stay at home this November.
    I suspect you're right!
    Time at the loading bench would be a better use of the time.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    $
    Posts
    187
    Based on that article I'm not really a fan. I don't understand the opposition to legal immigration. I'm not a huge fan of Romney, though I don't think he's worse than Obama. Also, as has been pointed out, his Supreme Court appointments could be a lot better. So I do think it would be unfortunate if Goode cost Romney the state.

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTimeIsIt? View Post
    Based on that article I'm not really a fan. I don't understand the opposition to legal immigration. I'm not a huge fan of Romney, though I don't think he's worse than Obama. Also, as has been pointed out, his Supreme Court appointments could be a lot better. So I do think it would be unfortunate if Goode cost Romney the state.
    I have a lot of mixed feelings in this.

    I've known Virgil and supported him for more years than I like to remember. When he was in the General Assembly, he was my go to Senator to get bills introduced and passed, or killed. Along with Philpott, he was one of the most powerful legislators in the state. He was intensely protective of his constituents. He endorsed me as Director of a state office once but only after polling his people to make sure none of them were seeking the job.

    I have not always agreed with him. There were several weapons bills Virgil introduced that he simply didn't understand what he was asking for. They passed just on his influence, and it took 20 years to get them off the books.
    He supported Wilder which I commented at the time, was like supporting a Child Molester for a kindergarten headmaster spot.

    When he announced he was running for President, I was mildly in agreement. Obama has low ratings and I thought it was possible for a 3rd party to win. A very remote possibility, but still possible.

    Things change and now I don't think he has a chance, but he is popular enough to take a serious chunk of votes. I don't like Romney, not one bit and frankly I don't care if he or Obama wins.....Except for the Supreme Court Nominees.

    That puts the ball in another court. That is the only thing that might take me away from the loading bench.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-14-2012 at 07:42 PM.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    What in the world is this guy thinking? Is he an IDIOT?

    Is he really going to stay in the race and hand over Virginia's electoral votes to Obama?

    This is about as critical to our self-defense and firearms rights as it can get!

    Virgil Goode Says Not To Discount Him In November

    TFred
    Its called splitting the vote and whether done with good intentions or more devious purposes matters not a bit.
    The net result is the SAME.

    Fortunately I think that will be very few voters that will climb on that wagon.

    Peter, it is not just the SCOTUS nominees that make the difference - it is the whole package that renders unto Caesar that which is not his to claim - Czars: fuel/power, defense spending, banking/mortgage, Socialist v Capitalist, et al, etc, ad nasium.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694
    For those who think there's no difference, there is indeed one major consideration.

    Just think what someone who doesn't have to worry about getting relected may (nay, will) try to get away with. At least with a first termer you don't have that as much as an issue.

  18. #18
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,004
    I hope Obama wins. There is no real difference between Obama and Romney, except an Obama win means more "conservatives" will stay angry. Anger directed at government is good. Romney will do the same things but there will be less anger because he has that (R) in front of his name. The SCOTUS argument doesn't hold up when you actually look at the history. John Roberts is the latest exhibit.

    One good thing that could come from a Romney election is national reciprocity. I'm for the abolition of the federal government, but since it ain't going anywhere national carry will normalize guns in the very populous states of CA, NJ, and NY. "Shall Issue" has been absolutely horrible for the "gun control" movement. People won't listen to them now.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    I hope NOT !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    I suspect many freedom-loving Americans will practice abstinence and stay at home this November.
    If that happens, you can count on 4 more years of no leadership from the POTUS because Obama will win by default.

    I have never missed an election since I turned 18 and don't intend to miss this one.

    Obama has demonstrated his lack of leadership ability and embarrassed America too many times to allow him another 4 years!

    Think what he will do to the 2nd Amendment with another 4 years to destroy it.

    I value all my rights as an American NOT to vote!

  20. #20
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The SCOTUS argument doesn't hold up when you actually look at the history. John Roberts is the latest exhibit.
    The only history I need is the past four appointees: Roberts, Alito, Sotomayor and Kagan.

    Despite the protests of some, the long term outcome of Roberts' Obamacare decision are still to be seen. I happen to agree with those who believe he did the right thing in the long run, even though we always love the quick and easy out. One cannot, with any intellectual honesty, compare these four justices and make the case that the President who appoints them does not matter.

    TFred

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,764
    Have you looked at Goode's party's PLATFORM? How on this planet of the gods they can claim to be constitutionalists escapes me.


    Hey, folks, third-party voting is good. But if a party or name is not on the ballot in ALL 50 STATES, a vote for that candidate/party is ridiculous. They'd have to take ALL the votes in some states to even come close to the popular vote, much less the electoral college.

  22. #22
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Have you looked at Goode's party's PLATFORM? How on this planet of the gods they can claim to be constitutionalists escapes me.


    Hey, folks, third-party voting is good. But if a party or name is not on the ballot in ALL 50 STATES, a vote for that candidate/party is ridiculous. They'd have to take ALL the votes in some states to even come close to the popular vote, much less the electoral college.
    I will respectfully add this caveat:

    Third party voting is GREAT when that candidate takes votes away from your opponent. It is never good when it takes votes away from the better of the two main candidates.



    TFred

  23. #23
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I will respectfully add this caveat:

    Third party voting is GREAT when that candidate takes votes away from your opponent. It is never good when it takes votes away from the better of the two main candidates.



    TFred
    Well...if we don't get a viable 3rd party soon, we'll be eating Soylent
    Green and have tracking chips up our backsides. I need to search Obamacare to see if provisions are made for a Proctologist to do firmware upgrades.

    Who cares about the party platform, they're all lying anyway.

    It makes more sense for a 3rd party to run someone (For Any Office) like Goode who has a proven pro gun, pro agriculture record than someone like Floyd Baines who has a proven record of running Ghetto Supermarkets and only letting people with permits carry.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-16-2012 at 09:45 AM.

  24. #24
    Lone Star Veteran DrMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,553
    I like Goode's platform for the most part, and in theory I appreciate what he's doing.

    In practice, when Obama or Romney is going to win VA, Goode's campaign only increases Obama's chances. It might be different if there were a third party liberal running to pull votes from Obama.

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    I like Goode's platform for the most part, and in theory I appreciate what he's doing.

    In practice, when Obama or Romney is going to win VA, Goode's campaign only increases Obama's chances. It might be different if there were a third party liberal running to pull votes from Obama.
    And therein lies the problem. Your best, most effective vote might not be for the candidate of your choice.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •