• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LexisNexis-owned Lawyers.com reports on open carry

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
-------------------------------------------------------------
For those who are unfamiliar with the site, Lawyers.com is owned by legal services powerhouse LexisNexis.

They contacted me early in June seeking help in putting together a story on open carry that would fit their model of short “web-only … legal-related news stories that explain the law [simply] to three-million unique visitors to Lawyers.com per month.”

I agreed to meet them in Old Town Alexandria the weekend before Independence Day. Virginia Citizens Defense League President Philip VanCleave and VCDL Board Member Dennis O’Connor both graciously agreed to drive up from the Richmond area to join in the shoot.

Excerpt ... read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1298

pfries

Not bad at all, much less bias than I am accustomed to seeing. I am interested to see the other sides’ piece or rebuttal if they have had the chance to scrutinize this.
The only problem I have is John went and played across the street from me and I did not get to go :(

davidmcbeth

Banned
Lexis used to have some degree of free access ... I had an account years ago (simply because it was free) but they changed something about it and I have not been able to get free access.

But google scholar started and that took its place as far as my use of Lexis went.

But I still use westlaw which is the best IMO .. westlaw is like a 10 and lexis is a 5...no comparison

The video? Nothing substantial or controversial; rather bland in really; at least it was short.

Maybe further vids would be more insightful.

Repeater

-------------------------------------------------------------
For those who are unfamiliar with the site, Lawyers.com is owned by legal services powerhouse LexisNexis.

More to the point, Lexis itself is owned by Reed Elsevier, a Dutch conglomerate.

That is, Foreigners!