Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combs-Thank you all for supporting me

Combs-Thank you all for supporting me

Hey everyone, it's Sean Combs, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that supported me during my case. Thank you for going to the rallies and/or my Trial, or simply posting here or MGO in support. I also want to thank those who defended me on local articles against all the anti's. I read those often and it also put a smile on my face when one of you backed me up. To be honest, knowing i had people willing to stand in my conner and back me up no matter what, was probably the only thing keeping me from losing my mind. Now that i have won, and my bills are paid off, I can finally save my money up for my first hand gun. For those wondering, I am planning on buying a full size M&P9 or a Sig P229. First choice is the M&P though. Well, although BPD still has my beautiful M1 Garand (which they dropped during the trial -_-) I will finally be able to have her back soon hopefully. Not sure when exactly though -_-.
    But, I won and proved I wasn't doing all the crap they claimed I was doing
    I WON!!!

Thank you for standing up to these bogus charges! You are very courageous and I admire the fact that you fought for what is right.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Thank you for standing up for all of us.

I'd stated before that if you saw the case through, that it would be the greatest act of gun activism in Michigan to date. In hindsight, it was. Thank you again.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Congrat's, & welcome to OCDO!!
    I've posted comments on a couple of articles about your case, basically saying how stupid they were to hassle you, let alone charge you with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1fan1942
    I also want to thank those who defended me on local articles against all the anti's. I read those often and it also put a smile on my face when one of you backed me up.
    To be honest, knowing I had people willing to stand in my corner and back me up no matter what, was probably the only thing keeping me from losing my mind.
    Amen! BTDT, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Thank you for standing up for all of us.

I'd stated before that if you saw the case through, that it would be the greatest act of gun activism in Michigan to date. In hindsight, it was. Thank you again.
    I can't really state it better than this. Thank you!

And thanks to your brother for the tasty pizza :-D

Very Classy young man, thank you. You are a great example for a lot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    I can't really state it better than this.
    Well, I can add this; I believe that your actions prove you are a braver man that I was at 18. It's a shame you were only 13 or 14 when things really started rolling with OCing. We could have used you.

And by the way, I do believe your desire to get a M&P is a very wise choice. The Sig is more fancy, but the M&P is a better combat pistol on account of the no safeties and one mode trigger. I hope it will prove easy for you to obtain one.
    Last edited by Michigander; 07-13-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Sean, thank you for standing firm and winning not only for yourself, but also for every single gun owner, and especially gun carrier, out there.

Just so you can put a face to this forum name, I'm Dan, the guy at your trial all day on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing you again some time.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Sean, did you contact BPD and requested your rifle back? What did they say?

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up I told you he's a class act people.

You are welcome Sir! It was my honor to meet you and your fine family and friends.

Kind regards,

G9OS (the guy with the scary scars and rifles).
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Sean, nice to see you on here, I hope you stick around.

Thanks for fighting for our rights! You did a lot just in that one case, you asserted our right to bear arms and you also reaffirmed that we as citizens have no duty to provide ID at the request of a police officer (in most cases). Something a lot of people still have yet to realize. This got a lot of that information out to people, even for the antis that posted all over the news articles, at the very least they learned a few things, if not from the articles definitely from the comments.

I hope to see you at some future events so I can shake your hand personally! Speak of which Michigan Open Carry, Inc is having an annual picnic this Sunday if you have no plans. http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...ic,1665.0.html check here for details.

Also, as an owner of a full size M&P9 I highly recommend it.

Thanks again for sticking through with this case and not letting them bully you, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Yance; 07-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    welcome and stick around. nice first post use of dancing banana.
    let us know when you go to get your rifle, i think a lot of us would like to join you.
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 07-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Now that it's established they had no reasonable suspicion upon which to make the stop, are you going to consider a civil suit and have your record expunged?

Congratulations

Banned
    You used your gun to defend our rights without firing a shot. Thats the best way.

As far as handguns. I personally don't care for the way a Sig recoils, they are odd to me. I had an XD and loved it. great gun, reliable, well built, and awesome customer service. I'm currently carryinmg an M&P.40 Pro in 5". I added the APEX Tactical FSS trigger, and the RAM, as well as the trijicon sights. I am simply in love with this gun, the M&P would be an excellent choice IMO. Before I got the trigger done, it wanted to go low left, the FSS trigger cleaned that right up.

Theres a guy on here, Dougwg, who does triggers, but I like this one better. His still works like an M&P, its an excellent modification, but the FSS kit acts a bit more like a 1911.

Congratulations Sean way to go. Like I said before great job win and standing up for your right and all of us gun owners that want to open carry. You are a very brave young man like other said about you. When you get you first pistol I hope will enjoy it very much. And you are very welcome and welcome to the OCDO. Hope to see you more on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sean, thank you for standing firm and winning not only for yourself, but also for every single gun owner, and especially gun carrier, out there.

Just so you can put a face to this forum name, I'm Dan, the guy at your trial all day on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing you again some time.
    You are very welcome sir! Thank you again for coming and supporting me. I am sure you had other things you could've been doing other than sitting in a courtroom!

[QUOTE=stainless1911;1787595]You used your gun to defend our rights without firing a shot. Thats the best way.

Well, that rifle fought for my freedoms once, and it did it again Now if i can have it back from BPD, I will be a very happy man

A big thumbs up from the Sandhills of NC. Your courage will be felt across the country...

Banned
    You'll get it back.

WE shouldnt just invite ourselves, but I like the idea that we show up when your gun is returned. If it's ok with you.

I think that they are planning on giving it to you quietly, so we dont show up. You will probably have to go to the judge and make a request for a court order to get it back, talk to Jim, I'm sure he will see to it. If you don't, they will drag their feet as long as they can get away with it.

Congrats, Sean!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Now that it's established they had no reasonable suspicion upon which to make the stop, are you going to consider a civil suit and have your record expunged?
    Not to derail the thread, but the Judge specifically said he believed the officers had RAS to stop and ID Sean based on his young appearance. He then said the fact there is no law requiring Sean to show ID did not hinder the officers from doing their job. He then dismissed the obstructing charge. Bottom line is THIS judge felt RAS was met and the stop was legal, whether a Federal Judge feels the same way is unknown.

Thanks Scot623, that sorta ummm.... slipped past me.

Banned
    Wondering, was a motion for acquittal filed after the state rested?

And what was the cost of the proceedings to you?

Banned

Smile

I do hope that you continue with us on this forum.

Sean, as others have said, thank you for standing up for all of us.

I am glad that you were reading and encouraged by online forums and media reader comments. This went farther than you might realize. All over the US, as a matter of fact. But if you are interested in someplace close by, here's an Indiana firearms forum. It's still being talked about there, of course.

Open Carry event in Birmingham Michigan for protest

There is an earlier thread or two, but this one follows your trial as well.

Then there is this parallel thread once the verdict was reached.

Not guilty

And of course, there's the latest Birmingham Patch story. Story is decent, reader comments are priceless.

Rifle-Toting Teen Found Not Guilty; Jury Says: 'We Upheld the Law'

Thanks again, from all of us!
    Last edited by griffin; 07-13-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast