• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Combs-Thank you all for supporting me

M1fan1942

Hey everyone, it's Sean Combs, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that supported me during my case. Thank you for going to the rallies and/or my Trial, or simply posting here or MGO in support. I also want to thank those who defended me on local articles against all the anti's. I read those often and it also put a smile on my face when one of you backed me up. To be honest, knowing i had people willing to stand in my conner and back me up no matter what, was probably the only thing keeping me from losing my mind. Now that i have won, and my bills are paid off, I can finally save my money up for my first hand gun. For those wondering, I am planning on buying a full size M&P9 or a Sig P229. First choice is the M&P though. Well, although BPD still has my beautiful M1 Garand (which they dropped during the trial -_-) I will finally be able to have her back soon hopefully. Not sure when exactly though -_-.
But, I won and proved I wasn't doing all the crap they claimed I was doing :D
I WON!!!:banana:

Michigander

Thank you for standing up for all of us.

I'd stated before that if you saw the case through, that it would be the greatest act of gun activism in Michigan to date. In hindsight, it was. Thank you again.

MKEgal

:monkey :banana:
Congrat's, & welcome to OCDO!!
I've posted comments on a couple of articles about your case, basically saying how stupid they were to hassle you, let alone charge you with anything.
M1fan1942 said:
I also want to thank those who defended me on local articles against all the anti's. I read those often and it also put a smile on my face when one of you backed me up.
To be honest, knowing I had people willing to stand in my corner and back me up no matter what, was probably the only thing keeping me from losing my mind.
Amen! BTDT, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Evil Creamsicle

Thank you for standing up for all of us.

I'd stated before that if you saw the case through, that it would be the greatest act of gun activism in Michigan to date. In hindsight, it was. Thank you again.

I can't really state it better than this. Thank you!

And thanks to your brother for the tasty pizza :-D

Michigander

I can't really state it better than this.

Well, I can add this; I believe that your actions prove you are a braver man that I was at 18. It's a shame you were only 13 or 14 when things really started rolling with OCing. We could have used you. :)

And by the way, I do believe your desire to get a M&P is a very wise choice. The Sig is more fancy, but the M&P is a better combat pistol on account of the no safeties and one mode trigger. I hope it will prove easy for you to obtain one.

Last edited:

DanM

Sean, thank you for standing firm and winning not only for yourself, but also for every single gun owner, and especially gun carrier, out there.

Just so you can put a face to this forum name, I'm Dan, the guy at your trial all day on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing you again some time.

Yance

Sean, nice to see you on here, I hope you stick around.

Thanks for fighting for our rights! You did a lot just in that one case, you asserted our right to bear arms and you also reaffirmed that we as citizens have no duty to provide ID at the request of a police officer (in most cases). Something a lot of people still have yet to realize. This got a lot of that information out to people, even for the antis that posted all over the news articles, at the very least they learned a few things, if not from the articles definitely from the comments.

I hope to see you at some future events so I can shake your hand personally! Speak of which Michigan Open Carry, Inc is having an annual picnic this Sunday if you have no plans. http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,1665.0.html check here for details.

Also, as an owner of a full size M&P9 I highly recommend it.

Thanks again for sticking through with this case and not letting them bully you, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
welcome and stick around. nice first post use of dancing banana.
let us know when you go to get your rifle, i think a lot of us would like to join you.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
You used your gun to defend our rights without firing a shot. Thats the best way.

As far as handguns. I personally don't care for the way a Sig recoils, they are odd to me. I had an XD and loved it. great gun, reliable, well built, and awesome customer service. I'm currently carryinmg an M&P.40 Pro in 5". I added the APEX Tactical FSS trigger, and the RAM, as well as the trijicon sights. I am simply in love with this gun, the M&P would be an excellent choice IMO. Before I got the trigger done, it wanted to go low left, the FSS trigger cleaned that right up.

Theres a guy on here, Dougwg, who does triggers, but I like this one better. His still works like an M&P, its an excellent modification, but the FSS kit acts a bit more like a 1911.

onestar 50

Congratulations Sean way to go. Like I said before great job win and standing up for your right and all of us gun owners that want to open carry. You are a very brave young man like other said about you. When you get you first pistol I hope will enjoy it very much. And you are very welcome and welcome to the OCDO. Hope to see you more on here.

M1fan1942

Sean, thank you for standing firm and winning not only for yourself, but also for every single gun owner, and especially gun carrier, out there.

Just so you can put a face to this forum name, I'm Dan, the guy at your trial all day on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing you again some time.

You are very welcome sir! Thank you again for coming and supporting me. I am sure you had other things you could've been doing other than sitting in a courtroom!

stainless1911

Banned
You'll get it back.

WE shouldnt just invite ourselves, but I like the idea that we show up when your gun is returned. If it's ok with you.

I think that they are planning on giving it to you quietly, so we dont show up. You will probably have to go to the judge and make a request for a court order to get it back, talk to Jim, I'm sure he will see to it. If you don't, they will drag their feet as long as they can get away with it.