Thread: Carried in New Territory Today

Carried in New Territory Today

Howdy Folks!
    While it is getting to be almost a non-issue for me to carry, there are times when it ain't a terrific idea.
    I had to spend a considerable time at Arapahoe County Court today way down on Peoria south of Arapahoe Road, and I started toward the buildings before it hit me that I should remove my handgun. An Aurora P.D. and an Aurora detective walked past me as I was returning to my car to leave my pistol locked in the vehicle. They grinned at me, knowing I was on my way back and way.

Once inside, and having to remove my belt, pocket change, watch, hat and a bunch of other stuff, I went to visit with the clerk. After spending an extraordinary time waiting for my turn, she glibly informed me that I had to go to the other courthouse over in Littleton. So off I went to Littleton, but not before putting myself back together and restoring my pistol to my hip where it belongs.

In Littleton, I had to go through all the same stuff. I started thinking this would be much easier if we citizens simply showed up naked and got dressed after going through the scanners. At least it would save time. I was there for about an hour and filed Affidavits of Service on behalf of my client. Then out into the world again.

I don't get over to Littleton often, so I stopped at several spots while there for various needs, and nobody fussed about my OC'ing. While hanging out in Littleton, I got a lead on a defendant I'm trying to catch, and went off to check it out. Oh... yeah.... he really is working at the location I got from the lead, and all I need to do is catch him showing up for work on Monday! WHAM!!! I'll nail him. But patience is a virtue, so I'll bide my time for now. Anyway, I stopped at Blue Star Police Supply (which is in Denver territory) and OC'd there. Then I went to buy pipe tobacco, and it is also in Denver territory, and OC'd there as well (as usual). No problems.

When I got home, I discovered an email informing my business license from the City of Aurora has been approved and should be along in a few days. Athame Investigations, a division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC, is now an official business with a license and everything. Not nearly as exciting as getting my CCW permit, but not too shabby all things considered.

So folks, another day of uneventful OC'ing, and another defendant about to meet his friendly neighborhood Colorado Bounty Hunter.
    Once I get him, I'll have some money coming in!

OC in Colorado is wonderful. It is even better when I'm getting paid in the bargain!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    I stopped at Blue Star Police Supply (which is in Denver territory) and OC'd there. Then I went to buy pipe tobacco, and it is also in Denver territory, and OC'd there as well (as usual). No problems. Blessings, M-Taliesin
    Yeeee-haw!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Once inside, and having to remove my belt, pocket change, watch, hat and a bunch of other stuff,
    Not the hat!!!

No, seriously. I hate having to remove my own inexpensive Stetson with everything else. Too much off my person to lose track of.
    Last edited by mahkagari; 07-14-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Not the hat!!!

No, seriously. I hate having to remove my own inexpensive Stetson with everything else.
    Howdy Pard!
    I hate removing my hat simply because it might scare the children! My hair has become a nightmare visage that should have been subjected to some barbering quite awhile ago. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would not scare the kids who happen to see that, but the security guys flinched too when the hat came off!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 07-14-2012 at 08:39 AM.