• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just introducing myself

FoxtrotDelta

Hey just PCS'd (moved) to VA so I just wanted to introduce myself to y'all. I'm Will, I have been in the Navy for just short of 4 years currently a MA2, I live in VA Beach. Looking forward to getting involved in the forums and local OC events. Also looking to meet some like minded people in the area as since I just know a few people that I have been stationed with before. So if anyone in the area is intrested in trap/skeet or pistol shooting please let me know.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Welcome

Welcome to the site. Keep an eye open for open carry dinners in the tidewater area. Also look into the Virginia Citizens Defense League www.vcdl.org at least sign up for free emails. VCDL is the the best grassroots gun owner rights group around. welcome.gif

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome. Even squids are allowed in the clubhouse. At least that's what the shallow-water sailors here tell me.:D

If you have not already joined VCDL via the web site, be sure to look up the folks manning the table at the gun shows. They will be happy to take your cash, check, or credit card.

There's a range near you (sorry, the name escapes me) that is quite active in scattergun sports as well as rifle and pistol stuff. Someone will be along soon to give you the details.

Check the stickies at the top of the Virginia forum for announcements of OC meet & Greets.

stay safe.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome back to Virginia - plenty of people from the tidewater area here - some will chime in soon.

Lots of meet n' greets and a few good places left to shoot.

Can't recommend too much that you sign up for the free Va-Alerts - they'll keep you up to date on what's happening.

Join VCDL and look forward to Lobby Day and other grassroots events - there is strength in numbers.

FoxtrotDelta

There's a range near you (sorry, the name escapes me) that is quite active in scattergun sports as well as rifle and pistol stuff. Someone will be along soon to give you the details.

I have found plenty of places to put lead thru paper and clay just not many people to do it with lol.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have found plenty of places to put lead thru paper and clay just not many people to do it with lol.

That is where attending, even hosting, meet-ups is vastly superior to on-line contacts. Better interacting and a chance to get to know people on a more personal level. Good luck - hope to meet you one day.