• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uh O's, can I even ask this here?

mwaterous

I bought a king tuck. Yep. There are some places I will have to OC in New Mexico if we stay here and I eventually am able to acquire my CC permit. I prefer open carry for many reasons, but you cannot open carry at Wally World, Albertsons, Smiths, any gas station at all in existence here, and those last are some of the places where I encounter the least desirable characters. For that reason I am legally exercising my right to carry an unloaded concealed firearm.

Let me preface this by saying... ugh. So much easier to OC. No I'm not trying to gain brownie points, it just is. It's more comfortable, and I feel like if I'm ever in a situation where I'll need my weapon I will have access to it. But the fact remains.

So I have a Galco IWB. Not a bad holster all in all. I have successfully managed to conceal, despite being a smaller frame (160lbs lean ground beef) and wearing not so loose shirts. I did a bit with a shirt tucked in, despite having a bad taste for tucked in shirts... holy... hated it, but it is what it is.

Problem is my takedown lever keeps getting caught on the leather backing of the holster, and has after only a few days started to pull the black piece away from the beige main piece. I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better. I'm carrying a service model XD .40 btw. Is there any attachment I can use on my dremel to buff this piece, or should I try supergluing them back together? I've taken to being more careful when I return the XD to it's holster, but I'm also trying to speed up my draw times given that I have to load a magazine and rack the slide in order to make the weapon effective.

badger54

Why can't you OC in the locations you listed? I know many people on this site that OC in those establishments on a regular basis.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mwaterous

Why can't you OC in the locations you listed? I know many people on this site that OC in those establishments on a regular basis.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The statutes are probably different in Washington, but here in New Meheeco you're not allowed to carry anywhere licensed to dispense liquor. As much as I'd like that to mean "dispense for the purpose of consumption" it simply means anywhere licensed to sell it. Which is 105% of gas stations and only about 95% of supermarkets (there's a couple mom and pops that don't cater to the drunken masses).

LoneEchoWolf

The statutes are probably different in Washington, but here in New Meheeco you're not allowed to carry anywhere licensed to dispense liquor. As much as I'd like that to mean "dispense for the purpose of consumption" it simply means anywhere licensed to sell it. Which is 105% of gas stations and only about 95% of supermarkets (there's a couple mom and pops that don't cater to the drunken masses).

Looks like another reason for you and your wife to join us in Colorado!

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
OP: Why do you say that you are carrying an unloaded concealed firearm? :eek: Why not just carry a rock or a hammer? They'd be equally effective in a gunfight.

OC or CC, carry LOADED ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I would contact Galco and explain the problem, sounds like a defective product to me. I would think they will make it right for you.

I had the same problem with the King-tuk, as well as the polymer cracked. They will replace it for you if you contact them, they are great when it comes to customer service.

REALteach4u

I bought a king tuck. Yep. There are some places I will have to OC in New Mexico if we stay here and I eventually am able to acquire my CC permit. I prefer open carry for many reasons, but you cannot open carry at Wally World, Albertsons, Smiths, any gas station at all in existence here, and those last are some of the places where I encounter the least desirable characters. For that reason I am legally exercising my right to carry an unloaded concealed firearm.

Let me preface this by saying... ugh. So much easier to OC. No I'm not trying to gain brownie points, it just is. It's more comfortable, and I feel like if I'm ever in a situation where I'll need my weapon I will have access to it. But the fact remains.

So I have a Galco IWB. Not a bad holster all in all. I have successfully managed to conceal, despite being a smaller frame (160lbs lean ground beef) and wearing not so loose shirts. I did a bit with a shirt tucked in, despite having a bad taste for tucked in shirts... holy... hated it, but it is what it is.

Problem is my takedown lever keeps getting caught on the leather backing of the holster, and has after only a few days started to pull the black piece away from the beige main piece. I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better. I'm carrying a service model XD .40 btw. Is there any attachment I can use on my dremel to buff this piece, or should I try supergluing them back together? I've taken to being more careful when I return the XD to it's holster, but I'm also trying to speed up my draw times given that I have to load a magazine and rack the slide in order to make the weapon effective.

Have you tried to OC with your King Tuck? Just tuck it between the belt and the waistband of your clothing rather than tucking it inside the clothing. So long as your shirt doesn't drop down over it intentionally you should be good to go. It may not work well depending on the IWB holster because it gives the feel that the clothing (waistband of the clothing) helps with retention, while others rely more on the pressure of the belt. Try it around the house with your King Tuck and see what you think.