Thread: So..............do we shoot at the aliens or not?

McX

So..............do we shoot at the aliens or not?

* catch ya later **** mark
    Last edited by McX; 07-16-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Let them land.

And then nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    I would join them ... see you later, earth bound suckers !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-13-2012 at 11:22 PM.

I don't shoot at people getting out of their cars. Some of them are aliens, and some of them look less than human (no offense to those who forgot to shave that weekend, I ride that bus all the time). So I don't think I'd shoot at something that came out of a craft either, unless they shoot at me first.

Is it too late to ask them to run for President?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

If they are smart enough for interstellar travel, probably smart enough to stay far away from our political system.

Experiment gone bad, they're returning to hit reset, please don't shoot them.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 07-16-2012 at 04:22 PM.

As I saw posted in another thread, this answer seemed relative and humorous. "Throwing rocks propelled by a chemical reaction, at a ship built by beings capable of interstellar or inter dimensional travel, probably isn't a good idea." (paraphrased)

Once we stop evacuating our bowels in our shorts, I'm fairly certain we'll be able to determine their intent, using basic animal cues, whether we are in immediate danger or not. That would determine for me whether or not, I'm going to go Hot.

This is all speculative at best, since I doubt any one of us will react the way that we think we might act, faced with something this spectacular. Also, what I stated earlier, the situation will determine our response.

Personally, I think that if they do come here, they won't be here to exchange Cultural ideas. They can monitor us from well beyond our technical reach, and can determine that we are a backwards thinking, ignorant and frightened little species, just from our television broadcasts. Just as we walk down our driveway, spraying weeds or smashing ants, at this point in time, I think they would view us as those same weeds and ants.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

You see a tank rolling down the street, you feel threatened by it. Are you going to pull out your puny little handgun and start shooting at it? I'd hope you'd be smart enough to run.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    I've been watching the History channel, and other related channels. They are full of the usual alien stuff; alien spacecraft, alien reports, crop circles, and so on. it got me thinking, we all train in our minds for many scenarios, relating to the use of our firearms to protect ourselves. Here's something for the real sci-fi buffs to contemplate, and share their wisdom here.
    so your out walking late one night, alone, and in the dark, and a brightly lit object descends from the sky, and starts following you, you stop to observe it and it approaches you...........do you draw on it? if it is intellegent life will they get the message and withdraw from you? will they maybe consider you threatening, and vaporize you or something like that? if you fire on the object could you be starting a war? or maybe you just withdraw, like in a dead run, and dont look back?
    i dont know if you want to branch off into if you would draw and fire on something that emerges from the craft?

kinda looking for a consensus and opinions here, so i can formulate a response so i dont end up just another cow mutilation.
    LOL! When that happens to you, report back and let us know what you did!

McX
    Last edited by McX; 07-16-2012 at 04:29 PM.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 07-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 07-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Why, oh why, do people do this?

Supposedly we all agree that the basic principle is that we only shoot when faced with the imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury. And when we do shoot it is to stop the threat, not to wound, or to kill, or to scare them, or to be a warning before we might shoot for real.

So - why do people put up hypothetical scenarios about should we or would we shoot at something that has not presented itself as an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury?

Why?

I know there is a segment of the general population that really wants to just go out and shoot anything/anybody for no good reason except that they have a gun and some ammunition that is not being used for anything right now. But I had always believed that we disabused those folks from coming here looking for our approval of their desire to just blast away at anybody/anything because they have a gun and some ammunition that is not being used for anything right now.

I guess I'll have to put my boots on and go out to see where the troll bait was spilled and clean it up. And it's not my turn - I checked the list! But if nobody else is going to attend to the basic housekeeping I guess I'll have to do it myself seeing as how much I do not like trolls hanging around.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Social Lounge material or RKBA related?

As OP has edited his post from public view, locking the thread.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.