• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney The GOP Candidate...

WalkingWolf

Romney did not veto the section everyone complains about with Obamacare -the one requiring everybody purchase insurance.

Please cite the two laws side by side, exact wording. And even then state law vs federal law. Do you know the difference?

And to point out that he vetoed 8 sections, out of how many, huh? Out of 147 (139 of which are active, not merely stating when other sections shall take effect). That's 5.76% of the total law, meaning he signed into law 94.24%! You're dishonestly quoting the vetoes without context to make it seem like he didn't support the legislation, when his own words contradict your claims.

See above...

Could you point out where I said that? I said they are similar provisions, and that you probably can't tell them apart if presented parts of them side by side. They have similar provisions and method of action. Does it really matter if I say "take six eggs" versus "take half a dozen eggs"? The wording may not be the same, but the effect is indistinguishable.

See above...

Are we a democracy or a republic?

We are a republic, made up of individual states. Didn't you know that? States cater to the people of each state~the federal government should leave to the states what is not in the constitution to the US.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Obama sticks it to Massachusetts.....specifically.

Consider, the good citizens of Massachusetts have RomneyCare AND ObamaCare, they get twice the health insurance for many more times their money. Unless, of course, the good citizens of Massachusetts repeal all of RomneyCare because ObamaCare is now the law of the land.

The people of Mass like being taxed, and they like being told what to do. Otherwise they would leave...

OC for ME

The people of Mass like being taxed, and they like being told what to do. Otherwise they would leave...
Their continued.....err.....the continued presence of citizens in Massachusetts seems to confirm your observation. The continued presence of the republican party or a republican politician in Massachuesetts is a complete mystery to me.

Beretta92FSLady

Their continued.....err.....the continued presence of citizens in Massachusetts seems to confirm your observation. The continued presence of the republican party or a republican politician in Massachuesetts is a complete mystery to me.

What's a mystery to me is how Romney, a Republican elected in a Liberal State, is the sole survivor in the fight to run on the GOP ticket. Maybe it's just me, or is the Republican party moving to the Left?

WalkingWolf

The only way Romney could get elected in Mass was submit to the will of the people there. This is a good thing not a bad thing. If he responds to the conservatives in this country he is already ahead of the thumb nosier in chief. The reason Clinton was so popular was he bended when it was necessary. Obama is too narcissistic to bend.

WalkingWolf

What's a mystery to me is how Romney, a Republican elected in a Liberal State, is the sole survivor in the fight to run on the GOP ticket. Maybe it's just me, or is the Republican party moving to the Left?

It's not a mystery, the election is decided by moderates and independents.

OC for ME

No disagreement there......Barry was elected solely due to the efforts of rich-guilt ridden-white-liberals, and those white liberals that use Barry for the upkeep of their own plantation(s).

M

McX

i dont trust either candidate as far as i can throw them, but i can throw Romney farther, because he's full of hot air, Oberbutt is full of crap, and heavy, so i cant toss him as far. i'm thinking Snake Pliskin for President at this point.

Redbaron007

Romney has already stated he would sign to repeal Obamacare; so, that erases one strike the left are trying to use as a comparison.

However, please remember King Obama reminded all business owners that they didn't build their business, someone else did it for them... :banghead: I guess the businesses my family owns and others have were given to them???...by whoooom? Of course...according to KO, it was the Federal Gobbernmint!!

And you still want this man to be president? He's enacted what many are calling the largest tax increase with Obamacare and is wanting to raise taxes through raising the tax rates. :eek:

And Romney is worse? Keep it coming! :D

Morbidph8

Mittens? Obummer? No difference, left, right, just two wings on the same bird of prey. No matter who wins we all lose. The fact is Repubs for the most part don't even like Mittens. But for some dumb reason their only reasoning for Mittens is ABO... Guess what Repubs, the GOP, and the media duped you and handed you Mittens. Doesn't matter Obama WILL beat Romney. The GOP handed the presidency to Obummer with their horrible pick for Prez. I guarantee Obummer will win in Nov. Why because the GOP is shattered by people who want to fix this country, and people who are sheep, and vote anybody with an R next to there name. The only way for a Repub in the white house is Ron Paul, but America is still too filled with sheep to understand the problems America faces. BTW You repubs need us RP supporters to push Mittens above Obummer. To bad none of us will ever help the GOP now... Instead liberty loving RP supporters will take over the GOP at the state level, from here on out. You don't want to play ball with us? Ok we will take the court then.

BTW Mittens is not the Nom. yet... You wouldn't be able to tell though seeing how the GOP is giving money to Mittens before he is nominated, violating the GOP's own rules... Or the fact the Media is choosing your pick for you. Im still waiting for the RNC in August. Romney is not just gonna walk away with the nom., he will have to fight for it. Good thing RP people actually went out and infiltrated the GOP. Where ABO sheep don't bother with becoming delegates. BTW many man Mittens delegates are RP supporters in disguise. I hope they televise the RNC. It will be a show for sure. lol

http://www.examiner.com/article/rnc-confirms-ron-paul-will-be-up-for-nomination

Morbidph8

Romney has already stated he would sign to repeal Obamacare; so, that erases one strike the left are trying to use as a comparison.

Why would Mittens repeal the very thing he invented? But on the Patriot Act, NDAA, wars, and innocent killing drone strikes. Mittens agrees with Obummer... Oh wait don't forget Gun control, both of them are for a lot of that as well.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

I hope Romney wins.

However, as a small government libertarian who values freedom and liberty, I dont see much difference between Obama and Romney.

Redbaron007

Mittens? Obummer? No difference, left, right, just two wings on the same bird of prey. No matter who wins we all lose. The fact is Repubs for the most part don't even like Mittens. But for some dumb reason their only reasoning for Mittens is ABO... Guess what Repubs, the GOP, and the media duped you and handed you Mittens. Doesn't matter Obama WILL beat Romney. The GOP handed the presidency to Obummer with their horrible pick for Prez. I guarantee Obummer will win in Nov. Why because the GOP is shattered by people who want to fix this country, and people who are sheep, and vote anybody with an R next to there name. The only way for a Repub in the white house is Ron Paul, but America is still too filled with sheep to understand the problems America faces. BTW You repubs need us RP supporters to push Mittens above Obummer. To bad none of us will ever help the GOP now... Instead liberty loving RP supporters will take over the GOP at the state level, from here on out. You don't want to play ball with us? Ok we will take the court then.

BTW Mittens is not the Nom. yet... You wouldn't be able to tell though seeing how the GOP is giving money to Mittens before he is nominated, violating the GOP's own rules... Or the fact the Media is choosing your pick for you. Im still waiting for the RNC in August. Romney is not just gonna walk away with the nom., he will have to fight for it. Good thing RP people actually went out and infiltrated the GOP. Where ABO sheep don't bother with becoming delegates. BTW many man Mittens delegates are RP supporters in disguise. I hope they televise the RNC. It will be a show for sure. lol

http://www.examiner.com/article/rnc-confirms-ron-paul-will-be-up-for-nomination

Still have the RP hangover? Typical jargon, "no difference between KO and Romney", from the koolaid drinkers who have yet to recover.

There is a difference.....anymore jargon?

It still amazes me how the only way RP supporters can left their candidate up, is to try and tear down the others. I don't have anything against RP; however, his supporters (similar to those above) lost it for him.

Redbaron007

Why would Mittens repeal the very thing he invented? But on the Patriot Act, NDAA, wars, and innocent killing drone strikes. Mittens agrees with Obummer... Oh wait don't forget Gun control, both of them are for a lot of that as well.

FYI, he didn't invent Obamacare.....typical talking points from the DU/Moveon.org/ThinkProgessive to demeanor Romney. Please read the prior comments....it isn't true. :rolleyes: