• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, I am Mike From KCMO, nice to meet you, may I join you?

May I join you in your outings and any other activities for the cause?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE (post what MAYBE entails :))

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcraft

Hello All,
I found out about this group via the news (a clip on YouTube, I don't watch real real news :)), and I would love to join you on your OC mission. Up till now my activities have mainly consisted of contacting my state and federal representatives through all channels available in support of the good legislation, and vice-versa. Anyway, I think that your approach is probably THE MOST effective in reversing John Q' Public's fear of weapons and therefore eliminating the desire from some to implement gun control in the US from the bottom up(the voters :)), and I would love to join your group!! I have lived in KC for 10 years, working for a company called Cerner (Health Care Software company) for my entire time here, before that I worked for IBM and a start-up, and before that I was a Nuclear Electrician in the Navy on Nuke Subs, and before that I worked at least 3 jobs at any given time, the best one as a mechanic at a Toyota dealership (cars are another passion of mine). Here is me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=25458193, and here is me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/michaeldavidcraft. I have a CCW in MO (not that it matters for your movement I don't think), and love to shoot competitively (right now I am only registered in the NSCA for competition sporting clays and I am terrible, but practicing and getting better:)), and will soon be working on Swiss competition and 3 gun competition. Finally, I am working on creating a LLC as a dealer/gunsmith, and then getting a Class 7 FFL (takes a while :), as I am looking to do both as a hobby that sustains itself from a cost perspective, and hopefully by the time I retire from my career, I will be a good enough gunsmith that I will be able to support my family without relying on SS, my plummeting 401K :(, etc.

Anyway, I have seen several clips of your gatherings and interviews and it feels like I sort of know some of you so felt like I should introduce myself so we were a bit more "even".

My next question is, how may I get blessed/approved to join you on all of your future gatherings (and anything else you do) to help your cause? Being a collector and given I compete, I have several side arms and holsters (both shoulder holsters and belt holsters) so if there are other that would like to participate but to not own one (and are not felons :)), I would be happy to lend them one with a holster, etc. during the outings. I am mainly a Sig fan, but am really a fan of most, I just happen to gravitate more towards Sigs, so have everything from a Sig P238 the size of a small smart phone to full sized 1911s(Ruger SR1911, Sig), P226, P220, Glock 22 .40 (gen4), etc. for whomever to choose from, once I have met everyone and feel comfortable doing so and those of you that have been doing this for a while "vouch" for them. The last thing that I want is for one of my sidearms to be used to do bad things and hurt your mission!

Also, I do have several rifles, from tactical (all legal semi-auto, shotguns for competition, etc.), I don't recall seeing anyone carrying any one of those. Those are typically more "scary" (for example, if brought my Sig 556 5.56mm NATO with EOTech Holo and Magnifier, Tac light, Grip Pod, Sling, etc., that even my wife says is pretty intimidating :)) so I can understand why you wouldn't (at least not at this point), but was curious if you guys ever do carry long guns and I just didn't see that clip.

Finally, I have no problem speaking with those of authority calmly and I know my rights and the laws of MO and KS, and have desire to stand behind them, so I would like to join you in your mission before things get worse than they already are.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, and let me know how I may join you, both in your outings as well as any other activities you are involved in to fix the fear of guns in our current society!!

Regards,
Mike Craft

kcgunfan

There are no secret handshakes or anything. Heck, you don't even need to have a firearm. Just show up and you will be warmly greeted, I promise.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mcraft

Awesome, so in order to make sure i know what is going on where, do I just sub to posts made to this and the KS forum, or is there an email list to join, or ? Between work, kids, the different forums I visit, and just life in general being hectic, I don't want to miss a meet because I didn't come to this forum at the right time!

Last edited:

kcgunfan

On the KCMO side we usually have dinner on the second Saturday of the month, you were a couple hours late for this one. So, just look at the forum occasionally and you're in.

hermannr

You will find OC guys from every state will have meet and greets, everyone is welcome, everyone learns and everyone meets really super people.

mcraft

You will find OC guys from every state will have meet and greets, everyone is welcome, everyone learns and everyone meets really super people.

Interesting how that works, for some reason firearms and good people seem to be like PB&J. I have yet to meet anything other than good people at the ranges I visit, competitions, etc. I cannot say the same about work or other activities :/. Looking forward to it!

Richieg150

Interesting how that works, for some reason firearms and good people seem to be like PB&J. I have yet to meet anything other than good people at the ranges I visit, competitions, etc. I cannot say the same about work or other activities :/. Looking forward to it!

Welcome....I live in Lees Summit, pm me and we can get together and go hone our skills.....Your observation of the people that are typically at the ranges and competitions, are spot on. But the ANTI-GUN peple, media, ect... always try to say just the opposite..THATS because they have NEVER visited a range OR been to any firearm competitions.

mcraft

Welcome....I live in Lees Summit, pm me and we can get together and go hone our skills.....Your observation of the people that are typically at the ranges and competitions, are spot on. But the ANTI-GUN peple, media, ect... always try to say just the opposite..THATS because they have NEVER visited a range OR been to any firearm competitions.

Well that just sucks :(. I really don't know what the media says because I never watch the news, (or much TV for that matter, so busy lately, I miss it!). After I was in the military and in a few situations where i knew first hand what was being reported on(where i of course tuned in :)), I gave up on the news because I learned what they report vs. reality is crap, they even rearranged an interview my wife gave so it sounded like she was saying something completely different than what she was, boy that pissed me off! Not just because of misquoting my wife's context, but learning just how full of crap our media is, which is supposed to play an important role in our society and abuses it instead for whoever's agenda.

Anyway, I will def PM ya, unfortunately I have been caught up in some personal things for the last 2 months or so that will be at least another month or so to sort out, and I am trying to keep my job in the process. At first I tried to keep up with at least going to clays competitions (need to get my avg up!!!), but was getting too far behind in my other responsibilities, every hour seems to count lately, and I haven't able to go to one for a month, for example I am missing competition today at Cedar Creek :(:(:(. So it may be a month or so :(. Really stinks because 1) after saving up for a while finally *just* got my Blaser Luxus O/U for clays (it was used, no way I could afford a new one, and I have used it ONCE, and I have had it for like 6 weeks now), and I have perhaps 6 pieces (both new and used) that I have yet to put a round through. This drives my crazy, need to sight them in, and see how they work! With the bit of spare time I have I am normally multitasking, like now on this forum while waiting for a program to finish running on my work computer. I have been spending quite a bit of time writing state and federal representatives lately too when multitasking, a lot of crappy bills, etc. seem to be surfacing lately, especially this UN ATT treaty, been writing/posting my arse off on that one!!!

Anyway, you will hear from me though!! BTW, I normally go to Mill Creek (not a member yet, friend takes me), Parma Woods, member at Powder creek, and have heard of but not yet gone to the Bullet Hole (don't need to, cause Mill Creek is awesome :)). Where do you go to shoot?

Last edited:

OC for ME

Except Glock snobs....

Oramac

I think you misspelled 1911 :)

What he said. I've met more 1911 guys who are jerks than glock guys.

That being said, the ratio of jerk to non-jerk is somewhere in the 1:200 range or something. The vast majority of gun people are truly good people.

Redbaron007

What he said. I've met more 1911 guys who are jerks than glock guys.

That being said, the ratio of jerk to non-jerk is somewhere in the 1:200 range or something. The vast majority of gun people are truly good people.

Unfortunately, there are jerks throughout the world. But......there are still fewer than out in the un-armed world!! :)

Mrfixitguy

New to This Forum

Me (1911) I need a lighter CC fire arm, Not a jerk ...just a ***** ...lol:cool: Not a fan of Glocks my self ... I am thinking on a LC-9 for every day CC..any thoughts and nice to meet you all.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

Also, I do have several rifles, from tactical (all legal semi-auto, shotguns for competition, etc.), I don't recall seeing anyone carrying any one of those. Those are typically more "scary" (for example, if brought my Sig 556 5.56mm NATO with EOTech Holo and Magnifier, Tac light, Grip Pod, Sling, etc., that even my wife says is pretty intimidating :)) so I can understand why you wouldn't (at least not at this point), but was curious if you guys ever do carry long guns and I just didn't see that clip.
--snip--

Greetings and welcome to OCDO mcraft. There are indeed a load of good people here on the forum - sure that you will enjoy it.

OCDO is dedicated to promoting and protecting the acceptance of carrying properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal everyday lives. Recommend reading our Forum Rules as they will explain some of our does and don'ts particularly as to long guns.

Redbaron007

Me (1911) I need a lighter CC fire arm, Not a jerk ...just a ***** ...lol:cool: Not a fan of Glocks my self ... I am thinking on a LC-9 for every day CC..any thoughts and nice to meet you all.

WELCOME!!!

Eventually you will come around to Glocks!! :lol:

Enjoy the forum....great information and opinions! Then there is some not so good info and not so good opinions!! :D

OC for ME

Greetings and welcome to OCDO mcraft. There are indeed a load of good people here on the forum - sure that you will enjoy it.

OCDO is dedicated to promoting and protecting the acceptance of carrying properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal everyday lives. Recommend reading our Forum Rules as they will explain some of our does and don'ts particularly as to long guns.
"do's and don'ts"