• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, I am Mike From KCMO, nice to meet you, may I join you?

May I join you in your outings and any other activities for the cause?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE (post what MAYBE entails :))

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SylntSleepr

Except Glock snobs....

Just out of curiosity.... what exactly do you mean by that? I recently (21 Jul) purchased my first firearm and it happens to be a Glock 30SF. I am not offended and would just like to know the basis of your comment. And does that make you a snob of your own favorite model of firearm?

Thanks for any response.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by OC for ME

Except Glock snobs....

Just out of curiosity.... what exactly do you mean by that? I recently (21 Jul) purchased my first firearm and it happens to be a Glock 30SF. I am not offended and would just like to know the basis of your comment. And does that make you a snob of your own favorite model of firearm?

Thanks for any response.

Just light hearted banter as I see it. We poke each other in the eye, because it feels good when we quit and it's free with "membership."

SylntSleepr

Just light hearted banter as I see it. We poke each other in the eye, because it feels good when we quit and it's free with "membership."

Oh, OK, I thought maybe there was something else going on I was unaware of as I don't want to fall into that [snob]category. I am VERY new to firearms and am eager to learn the do's and don'ts as well as etiquette. Definitely don't want step on toes. Chose my Glock after researching and 'trying on' several makes and models. I am partial to .45 cal so next purchase will be a classic 1911!

GREAT SITE BTW..so much info. Thanks!

REALteach4u

There are no secret handshakes or anything. Heck, you don't even need to have a firearm. Just show up and you will be warmly greeted, I promise.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You and I both know there's a secret handshake. Fortunately it usually involves the grip of a firearm!

Welcome to the board OP.

REALteach4u

Me (1911) I need a lighter CC fire arm, Not a jerk ...just a ***** ...lol:cool: Not a fan of Glocks my self ... I am thinking on a LC-9 for every day CC..any thoughts and nice to meet you all.

I found that the LC9 wanted to turn in my hand. That was easily resolved with a Hogue wrap-around grip. As long as you are aware of the long trigger and train on that the the pistol does exactly what it's designed to do. I had no issues with mine, I just parted with it because I had picked it up on a trade.

You might also explore the Kahr Arms line, the new XDS, the Kimber Solo (if you can find one around 600), and a couple of others in the single-stack genre. If the Glock doesn't work for you it could be the grip angle. I've found that someone who shoots a 1911 avidly will be drawn to the XD or the M&P over the Glock simply due to the grip angle impacting how it feels in the hand. My thing is that the pistol always has to come "center" for me when I extend it outward.

Not everyone likes them and they certainly don't like everyone.