Thread: New owner in Gastonia NC

New owner in Gastonia NC

Just got my first handgun yesterday Springfield XD .40 SC. Not the first I have fired, just the own I have to call my own. I am extremely excited. I've always supported OC, and I intend to OC. However, I actually know very little about the laws behind it. Is there a place I can read up on it? I have tried online but I get a lot of information about other states. Do you guys still do the Charlotte meet up?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHoneySmacks View Post
    Just got my first handgun yesterday Springfield XD .40 SC. Not the first I have fired, just the own I have to call my own. I am extremely excited. I've always supported OC, and I intend to OC. However, I actually know very little about the laws behind it. Is there a place I can read up on it? I have tried online but I get a lot of information about other states. Do you guys still do the Charlotte meet up?
    Welcome, try the NC OC Pamplet that is one of the first stickied posts in the forum, should provide all you need. Of course reading the forum will fill in a ton of gaps and open a bunch more as people ask questions.

Ah. I was at work earlier and it wouldn't let me load it. Was wondering what the flyer was. Also, shot my Springfield for the first time today. Have to say, I was nervous. The largest I have ever shot was a 9mm and everyone was claiming the that .40 had a really bad snap to it and it had so much more recoil. I actually didn't notice much of a difference. No problem what so ever with follow up shots. Either way, my paper was dead. Really glad to know though that OC in NC isn't super taboo.