• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New owner in Gastonia NC

CaptainHoneySmacks

Just got my first handgun yesterday :) Springfield XD .40 SC. Not the first I have fired, just the own I have to call my own. I am extremely excited. I've always supported OC, and I intend to OC. However, I actually know very little about the laws behind it. Is there a place I can read up on it? I have tried online but I get a lot of information about other states. Do you guys still do the Charlotte meet up?

REDFIVE48

Just got my first handgun yesterday :) Springfield XD .40 SC. Not the first I have fired, just the own I have to call my own. I am extremely excited. I've always supported OC, and I intend to OC. However, I actually know very little about the laws behind it. Is there a place I can read up on it? I have tried online but I get a lot of information about other states. Do you guys still do the Charlotte meet up?

Welcome, try the NC OC Pamplet that is one of the first stickied posts in the forum, should provide all you need. Of course reading the forum will fill in a ton of gaps and open a bunch more as people ask questions.

CaptainHoneySmacks

Ah. I was at work earlier and it wouldn't let me load it. Was wondering what the flyer was. :) Also, shot my Springfield for the first time today. Have to say, I was nervous. The largest I have ever shot was a 9mm and everyone was claiming the that .40 had a really bad snap to it and it had so much more recoil. I actually didn't notice much of a difference. No problem what so ever with follow up shots. :) Either way, my paper was dead. Really glad to know though that OC in NC isn't super taboo.