• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Father in Law Passed today

pfries

We received the call around 1800 that my father in law passed, we are not yet sure of the cause or exact time. Fairly sudden as he is not yet 60.

My children have been very close to him as he takes an active part in their life.

My youngest son seems to have a greater understanding of the ramifications of this than we had anticipated. He is very upset and needless to say when he breaks down the family follows suite.

My middle son is handling all of this better than I expected but I think his time will come after it sinks in a bit.

My youngest daughter is not here she is visiting relatives in NC right now and has called in tears.

My oldest son left on deployment on the 11th and we have not been able to get word to him as of yet. (Not that it will make much difference as they are at minimum staff and this is not his immediate family).

My oldest daughter is handling it as well as can be expected and is trying to make arrangements to come down.

It is always the pain of those I love that pains me in times of tribulation.

Pat

twoskinsonemanns

We received the call around 1800 that my father in law passed, we are not yet sure of the cause or exact time. Fairly sudden as he is not yet 60.

My children have been very close to him as he takes an active part in their life.

My youngest son seems to have a greater understanding of the ramifications of this than we had anticipated. He is very upset and needless to say when he breaks down the family follows suite.

My middle son is handling all of this better than I expected but I think his time will come after it sinks in a bit.

My youngest daughter is not here she is visiting relatives in NC right now and has called in tears.

My oldest son left on deployment on the 11th and we have not been able to get word to him as of yet. (Not that it will make much difference as they are at minimum staff and this is not his immediate family).

My oldest daughter is handling it as well as can be expected and is trying to make arrangements to come down.

It is always the pain of those I love that pains me in times of tribulation.

Pat

God Bless you guys. It's a sad day when a loved one passes. I hope your family can all come together to remember the good times.

PistolPackingMomma

So sorry Pat. We will say a prayer that your family is able to find solace together in this difficult time.

pfries

I as well as my family would like to thank everyone for the prayers and support.
We laid him to rest yesterday afternoon. Now it is time to reflect and heal.
God Bless
Pat