• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD .40 SC

CaptainHoneySmacks

Yesterday, for the first time I fired my new gun. I have to say, I was rather nervous after hearing so much about it on the internet saying .40 was very snappy and had a ton of recoil. As I loaded the mag, I just stared at the gun - nervous as could be. I finally mustered the courage and pointed it down range - assuming a good firing technique. I pulled the trigger. And I was disappointed at the internet. I've seen videos on youtube of people firing the exact same handgun and their recoil being unmanageble. I find the .40 not much different than a 9. I really got a thrill out of shooting it. An absolute blast! (No pun intended). I also got to shoot a friends .38 SP old school 2in revolver. That was really fun as well. I think it had a little more recoil. Well, not so much more as different. It seemed it smacked my hand more than flipped. Either way, I enjoyed them both. I am very glad I jumped the gun and got the Springfield. I did cut myself loading the magazine for the second time. (My hands were wet. It was a monsoon outside when we came into the range). If anyone is on the fence about this weapon, I highly suggest you go ahead and get one :) You will not be disappointed. And if you are nervous about a .40, don't be. I think it is much like the dreaded 12 GA, the interwebs makes it out to be much more of a monster than it really is (That being said, there are some nasty 12s out there that I wouldn't shoot. But your run of the mill pump isn't very bad at all)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Great choice! I am a huge fan of the XD line! My first handgun was a Springfield XD45 and it's still one of my favorites!