Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers

Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers

Last edited by scott58dh; 06-30-2014 at 11:24 PM.

McX
    yay! great rise from cover by the law abiding citizen. them robbers didnt see that one coming. never bring a baseball bat to a gun fight, and dont pick on the geeks, they dont just carry fancy phones and computers!

Two words for that guy; &!*$ yeah.

Banned
    Didn't they find out that one of the robbers was the old timers grandkid?

How's he gonna tell grandma now? Ouch.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-17-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: asklankia

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Very Funny if true.

Unless Florida state law prohibits it, I bet the guy shot in the butt sues the shooter.

Shooter will have to claim he was trying to stop a fleeing felon.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

I saw photos of the perps on another web site, I didn't see any resemblance to the shooter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jacobs View Post
    I saw photos of the perps on another web site, I didn't see any resemblance to the shooter.
    That's good ...

Well that had to be an awww $hit moment.

Had a smile on my face the whole video!

WIN!!!
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Love it when a fellow senior citizen (I'm 68) and gun owner shows punks that they don't own the world. This gentleman did an outstanding job, especially considering the one person (woman in a gray-looking shirt) almost walking into his line of fire.

This video and the discussion also brings out other points: Never mind the caliber; carry what you are comfortable with (in this case, can conceal easily), practice with it (as he obviously has), and be prepared to take action if necessary.

Do I regret that he did not take their lives? No. He did what we are all supposed to train to do: Stop the Threat.

I was rather disgusted at the comments from the one little thug who was interviewed. Had the Grace of God really been with him, he would not have tried to commit armed robbery. I would suspect that he and his companion are now going to have a long time to consider and repent their actions.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Unless Florida state law prohibits it, I bet the guy shot in the butt sues the shooter.

Shooter will have to claim he was trying to stop a fleeing felon.

TFred
    I don't think so. Had he not kept going, and had their gun be functional and loaded, him not keeping after them could have very easily resulted in them regrouping and coming back looking to kill. Had they dropped their weapons and fled, or better still dropped their weapons, got on the ground and waited for the cops, THEN he wouldn't have had just cause to keep shooting.

As it was, however, he had to protect the lives of everyone there, in addition to his own, and I'd say he did exactly the right thing.
    Last edited by Michigander; 07-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I just want to know what was going through those two thugs mind as they ran like cockroaches across the floor~and from a 71 year old man. How will they explain this in da hood...

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I just want to know what was going through those two thugs mind as they ran like cockroaches across the floor~and from a 71 year old man. How will they explain this in da hood...
    What minds? If there were two live brain cells between them, they wouldn't have done this to start with.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

I am very impressed with the way he handled the situation. Did you see how fast they scrambled to get out of there?...haha...oh but a gun in the hands of a law abiding citizen doesn't deter criminals. Also one of the criminals said that they didn't think anyone would be armed...if more people would OC they never would've had the guts to attempt this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Love it when a fellow senior citizen (I'm 68) and gun owner shows punks that they don't own the world. This gentleman did an outstanding job, especially considering the one person (woman in a gray-looking shirt) almost walking into his line of fire.

This video and the discussion also brings out other points: Never mind the caliber; carry what you are comfortable with (in this case, can conceal easily), practice with it (as he obviously has), and be prepared to take action if necessary.

Do I regret that he did not take their lives? No. He did what we are all supposed to train to do: Stop the Threat.

I was rather disgusted at the comments from the one little thug who was interviewed. Had the Grace of God really been with him, he would not have tried to commit armed robbery. I would suspect that he and his companion are now going to have a long time to consider and repent their actions.
    I agree totally.

I think another important thing to point out here and take notice of is how none of the patrons had sense enough to hit the deck at the sound of the first gunshot. And I do not say this to insult the patrons, just to point this fact out. I don't mean that none of them were smart enough to do that, but rather that they were so frightened even dropping to the ground did not occur to them when it seems logical that would be most people's reaction. Sadly when in danger most people freeze up, or go into mental shock.

The lady in gray nearly wondered directly into his life of fire.

This is an abject lesson for anyone who carries, if you ever find yourself in a situation such as this, you MUST have awareness of not only your line of fire but everything around it, because you cannot be sure a frightened individual like that lady won't wonder into your line of fire, where they could be hurt.

My commendations to the armed citizen who kept his awareness and prevented the bad situation of a wounded innocent bystander from happening.
    Last edited by WhistlingJack; 07-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"
    -George Washington

Thumbs up What's to say

This guy totally rocked. He kept his cool, he saw the opportunity present itself to him, he took advantage of that opportunity, and saved a lot of people.

He seemed to have total situational awareness, of the other patrons, as he fired at the robbers. Like the others have said, he shot to stop, and that also meant when he perused them to the door. If they had not **** themselves, and ran off, they could very easily of come back to get him.

Done like a Sir!

What "gun license" do you need in Florida?

"Williams does have a gun license and is not expected to be charged."
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...ng-robbers-nbc

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    What "gun license" do you need in Florida?
    Permit to carry concealed - there is no normal OC allowed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ocala.com also has an interview with one of the robbers, Duwayne Henderson. In it, Henderson describes the robbery from his perspective:
    “I feel horrible. It doesn’t feel good. It makes you think about life’s decisions, and how you should live your life,” Henderson said in an interview with the Star-Banner at the jail on Saturday afternoon.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Wow, nice form, Gramps.

Here is another nice RIGHTS article about this and the police shooting of the FL citizen from Karl Denninger's "Market Ticker"

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=208811

An excerpt:

"Florida, and indeed the rest of the country, should adopt not just "must-issue" concealed carry but rather Constitutional Carry.

The clause in the Second Amendment is very clear: shall not be infringed. If I wish to carry a firearm, openly or concealed, I have the constitutionally-protected right to do so. Note that the Constitution doesn't give me that right, it protects it. I have that right as a consequence of the unalienable right to life and liberty, which are not the government's to give. If someone intends to take either from me by force I have the right to resist."

Quote Originally Posted by Kromwell View Post
    ...He kept his cool...He seemed to have total situational awareness, of the other patrons, as he fired at the robbers...
    The adrenalin dump in your brain in a life and death situation can make it easier than you'd think to maintain situational awareness. Things that your brain perceives as important it will immediately decide you need to take action on. Issues which aren't important get excluded from being noticed. But even then, you'll only be as good as you've practiced, so it's a good thing this guy knew what he was doing.

The way he kept steady, that indicates he'd been in situations like this before. Police, military, or simunitions practice in all likelihood. He exhibited symptoms of having been "inoculated" as Dave Grossman puts it when referring to what simunitions will do for you. In other words, the ability to stay that calm and concise in life or death situations can only happen with hard earned experience, and it looks like he had it prior to this.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I'd feel horrible too if I got shot in the buttocks.

Let me guess, he was in the process of turning his life around and got persuaded to do wrong, just one more time, for old times sake.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Just think of how this guy could have altered the outcome of the movie theater shooting in Colorado this morning.

Makes me ANGRY, these stupid No-Guns policies get people KILLED.

TFred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast