• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers

M

McX

yay! great rise from cover by the law abiding citizen. them robbers didnt see that one coming. never bring a baseball bat to a gun fight, and dont pick on the geeks, they dont just carry fancy phones and computers!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Didn't they find out that one of the robbers was the old timers grandkid?

How's he gonna tell grandma now? Ouch.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Love it when a fellow senior citizen (I'm 68) and gun owner shows punks that they don't own the world. This gentleman did an outstanding job, especially considering the one person (woman in a gray-looking shirt) almost walking into his line of fire.

This video and the discussion also brings out other points: Never mind the caliber; carry what you are comfortable with (in this case, can conceal easily), practice with it (as he obviously has), and be prepared to take action if necessary.

Do I regret that he did not take their lives? No. He did what we are all supposed to train to do: Stop the Threat.

I was rather disgusted at the comments from the one little thug who was interviewed. Had the Grace of God really been with him, he would not have tried to commit armed robbery. I would suspect that he and his companion are now going to have a long time to consider and repent their actions.

Michigander

Unless Florida state law prohibits it, I bet the guy shot in the butt sues the shooter.

Shooter will have to claim he was trying to stop a fleeing felon.

TFred

I don't think so. Had he not kept going, and had their gun be functional and loaded, him not keeping after them could have very easily resulted in them regrouping and coming back looking to kill. Had they dropped their weapons and fled, or better still dropped their weapons, got on the ground and waited for the cops, THEN he wouldn't have had just cause to keep shooting.

As it was, however, he had to protect the lives of everyone there, in addition to his own, and I'd say he did exactly the right thing.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I just want to know what was going through those two thugs mind as they ran like cockroaches across the floor~and from a 71 year old man. How will they explain this in da hood...

RandyVA

I am very impressed with the way he handled the situation. Did you see how fast they scrambled to get out of there?...haha...oh but a gun in the hands of a law abiding citizen doesn't deter criminals. Also one of the criminals said that they didn't think anyone would be armed...if more people would OC they never would've had the guts to attempt this.

RandyVA

Love it when a fellow senior citizen (I'm 68) and gun owner shows punks that they don't own the world. This gentleman did an outstanding job, especially considering the one person (woman in a gray-looking shirt) almost walking into his line of fire.

This video and the discussion also brings out other points: Never mind the caliber; carry what you are comfortable with (in this case, can conceal easily), practice with it (as he obviously has), and be prepared to take action if necessary.

Do I regret that he did not take their lives? No. He did what we are all supposed to train to do: Stop the Threat.

I was rather disgusted at the comments from the one little thug who was interviewed. Had the Grace of God really been with him, he would not have tried to commit armed robbery. I would suspect that he and his companion are now going to have a long time to consider and repent their actions.

I agree totally.

WhistlingJack

I think another important thing to point out here and take notice of is how none of the patrons had sense enough to hit the deck at the sound of the first gunshot. And I do not say this to insult the patrons, just to point this fact out. I don't mean that none of them were smart enough to do that, but rather that they were so frightened even dropping to the ground did not occur to them when it seems logical that would be most people's reaction. Sadly when in danger most people freeze up, or go into mental shock.

The lady in gray nearly wondered directly into his life of fire.

This is an abject lesson for anyone who carries, if you ever find yourself in a situation such as this, you MUST have awareness of not only your line of fire but everything around it, because you cannot be sure a frightened individual like that lady won't wonder into your line of fire, where they could be hurt.

My commendations to the armed citizen who kept his awareness and prevented the bad situation of a wounded innocent bystander from happening.

Last edited:

Kromwell

What's to say

This guy totally rocked. He kept his cool, he saw the opportunity present itself to him, he took advantage of that opportunity, and saved a lot of people.

He seemed to have total situational awareness, of the other patrons, as he fired at the robbers. Like the others have said, he shot to stop, and that also meant when he perused them to the door. If they had not **** themselves, and ran off, they could very easily of come back to get him.

Done like a Sir!