• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops go to wrong house, kill man

notalawyer

WalkingWolf

The report also says that the cops didn't identify themselves as cops... he very likely did not know they were cops, he just knew there were armed men as he opened the door.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/deputies-shoot-kill-man-knocking-163819466.html

Why would a LAC point a gun at people he knew were police? If it sounds stupid it is a lie~the sheriffs dept is lying to try to cover their ass. NOW here is a case where the USDOJ needs to investigate and bring charges. This man's rights were clearly violated. There needs to be a stop put to these middle of the night raids.

notalawyer

Why would a LAC point a gun at people he knew were police? If it sounds stupid it is a lie~the sheriffs dept is lying to try to cover their ass. NOW here is a case where the USDOJ needs to investigate and bring charges. This man's rights were clearly violated. There needs to be a stop put to these middle of the night raids.

Why would a LAC point a gun at people he knew were police?
Maybe he wasn't? People do stupid things. Some people are crazy.....

If it sounds stupid it is a lie~the sheriffs dept is lying to try to cover their ass.
WOW! Jump to conclusions much?

77zach

If I had to guess, I'd say the guy answered the door with the gun in his hand like a normal person would and didn't point it at them. That detail would then be "fixed in the report" later.

Or, it's possible the guy did point it at them, and it's just a no win situation and the cops can't be blamed.

notalawyer

If I had to guess, I'd say the guy answered the door with the gun in his hand like a normal person would and didn't point it at them. That detail would then be "fixed in the report" later.

Or, it's possible the guy did point it at them, and it's just a no win situation and the cops can't be blamed.

Normal people open their front door with a gun in their hand when there are uniformed LEO outside?

rvrctyrngr

Normal people open their front door with a gun in their hand when there are uniformed LEO outside?

Maybe I'm not normal, but I don't open the door unless I know who it is. Even then, it's a coin toss. And yes, I have a gun in my hand and a barking dog behind me when I do, but it's not pointed at anyone.

Still a tragedy, any way it went down.

WalkingWolf

Sneaky? In Uniform? OK.

You tell us, what kind of uniform were they in? Regular police uniform with shiny badges, and colorful patches, or urban warfare uniform with dark patches and no metal badges? In fact these guys are shown across the country with the only identifying insignias on their back.

77zach

Sneaky? In Uniform? OK.

What's so hard to understand?

In 2008 I lived in Orlando and got a knock on my door at 2 AM and it was the cops looking for somebody. I had a gun in my hand concealed behind the door. If they had pushed it open, and seen it things may could have gone south real quick.

plain clothes knocked, uniformed ones to the side.

Last edited:

xd shooter

If Andrew Scott had been able to shoot back and kill one or both of the officers, would he have been charged with murder?

OC for ME

What do you think. A citizen shoots and kills two deputies where more deputies show up after that? Seriously, there is a outside chance that any other cops that show up would not shoot the shooter.

matt2636

bad guys have been known to dress and act like LEO. there was a guy in ILL i believe it was who was pulling women over in a LEO uniform and raping them. my gfs mom believe she was pulled over by that guy cause she was driving through ILL and was pulled over by a guy in a LEO uniform and asked her to step outta the car or something. im not 100% sure but she knew something was fishy and she just drove off. usually if you just drive off LEO will chase you and call their buddies.

spacecoast321

Fake cops rapes women

A guy in Cocoa, FL many years ago worked at several businesses a security guard. He was convicted of pulling over woman, with a blue flashing light, while driving his personal car. He would either tell them to trade sex for not getting arrested on a made up charge or simply handcuff them if they would not agree to sex. He had a master key for a motel where he was working security and would rape them in a empty room. It finally caught up to him.

Never blindly follow authority figure orders, do your best to know the law. That second one is really difficult.

WalkingWolf

A guy in Cocoa, FL many years ago worked at several businesses a security guard. He was convicted of pulling over woman, with a blue flashing light, while driving his personal car. He would either tell them to trade sex for not getting arrested on a made up charge or simply handcuff them if they would not agree to sex. He had a master key for a motel where he was working security and would rape them in a empty room. It finally caught up to him.

Never blindly follow authority figure orders, do your best to know the law. That second one is really difficult.

We had a real trooper raping women here, and a few police officers also. The trooper was pulling over Hispanics, threatening them with deportation if the females did not have sex. We got pulled over by this trooper before he was caught, as he was walking up to our car I informed him I had a CHP. We had no incident with him, but found out he was arrested about a year later.