• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poster senior citizen.

mahkagari

This is a horrible story and portrays legally armed citizen in a terrible light. Those people carry no matter where they go with a "have it and not need it" attitude claiming it is their constitutional right. But really. Just avoid bad places! Why would you ever need a gun in broad daylight in someplace like an internet cafe?

Dilligad316

This is a horrible story and portrays legally armed citizen in a terrible light. Those people carry no matter where they go with a "have it and not need it" attitude claiming it is their constitutional right. But really. Just avoid bad places! Why would you ever need a gun in broad daylight in someplace like an internet cafe?

I hope you are just being sarcastic :banghead: And yes I am one of those Legally Armed Citizen that carry From the time I get up to the time I go to bed at which point I have a larger caliber on my headboard. It is much easier to have your firearm and not need than to talk who ever in to a "time out" so you can run and get your firearm to defend yourself.

Torquemaster69

Isn't that the whole point of OC or CC? And how do you know that the establishment was in a good or bad area? I too hope that you are being sarcastic:banghead:

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Saw this earlier.. some ppl on the la times website are already saying he should be in jail for chasing them out the door :banghead:'

Good job IMO =) saved a bunch of people money and possibly a few lives..

--Rob

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's bad enough annoying a senior citizen about anything, but if you interrupt one of us while we are trying to concentrate we get real cranky - it's hard to remember what you were doing before being so rudely interrupted.:uhoh:

Has anybody else noticed that none of the other patrons seemed to consider defending themselves with any of the weapons available - chairs, messenger bags, laptops, bad language. Sure there is a risk you will get shot or hit by the bat, but then there's probably a better chance you will get shot or hit by the bat if you stand there doing nothing. "Better to die as a bull than to die as a steer".

stay safe.

Dilligad316

Saw this earlier.. some ppl on the la times website are already saying he should be in jail for chasing them out the door :banghead:'

Good job IMO =) saved a bunch of people money and possibly a few lives..

--Rob

Dont think he really followed them out the door. looked to me like he followed far enough to secure the door.

M-Taliesin

I too hope that you are being sarcastic:banghead:

Howdy Folks!
I enjoy the banter with Mahkagari, because he has a sense of sarcasm that is real similar to my own!
Yeah, he was being sarcastic, and you'd just have to understand his sense of humor.
Especially when he is handicapped by not owning a real expensive hat.
(Another incidence of sarcasm that not many caught, and has been a running gag ever since!)

Anyhow, I digress. As usual.

I have noticed a trend in our society where a legally armed citizen, defending his life or property, gets dragged through the legal system and ends up having to pay a ton of money and time to clear himself, while that very same legal system tends to coddle and even sympathize with the bad guys. What the heck is up with that? And they even get a public defender, paid for by our tax dollars, to keep him out of legal entanglements.

Often, when a law abiding citizen draws his weapon or fires it, they're totally raked over the coals.
Meanwhile, the bad guy gets an overnight in jail, out on bail, back on the street where more mischief is caused by these jerks.
While they'll throw the book at an LAC, a bad guy (assuming conviction for his crimes) will soon be on the street with little trouble and free to resume his life of preying on society. Murder 1, first time offender, will result in an average time served of only 4 years in Colorado. Meanwhiile, his victim will remain deceased a whole lot longer than 4 years.

Anybody else notice the whole darn thing is corrupt and bass ackwards?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Folks!
Murder 1, first time offender, will result in an average time served of only 4 years in Colorado. Meanwhiile, his victim will remain deceased a whole lot longer than 4 years.

OK real life story time..

One of my best friends, Ben Brubaker was killed in 2011 .. http://exeter.patch.com/topics/Ben+Brubaker .. his 'killer' was convicted of Criminally Negligent Homicide.. and got 18 months.. he'll be out in 12 max.. Ben was sleeping when he was shot in the back of the head..

My wife got 12 months for not providing the court her home address on a 2005 Misdemeanor case.. hummm (long story, maybe i'll share someday)..

Yes, you don't have to convince me of anything.. the system is broken.. badly..

--Rob

Last edited:

mobiushky

The guy who taught our CHP class had this to say. If you shoot someone in self defense, you're going to jail. They will probably release you, but expect to be in jail for the night. He also said, if you shoot someone in Denver city, you're going to prison. They are so anit-gun that they will prosecute you for everything they can think of. Now I know he was being a little sarcastic, slightly. But the point is, it seems like the mentality has switched from innocent until proven guilty to guilty until we can't find anything to convict you on when LAC's use handguns in defense. That's pretty ominous.

PS, you want to really get riled up? Read the original report from the local Florida news. They interviewed the guy that got shot. What a douche bag supreme. He's mad that the guy shot him because the gun he used was "rusty and unloaded." He claims he wasn't gonna shoot anyone. So now he's mad that someone shot him.

GTShooter

Great shooting Sir!! Those scumbags got what was coming to them.

Last edited: