Thread: Anyone up for a combined Tidewater, Central Va., so on....lunch?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Anyone up for a combined Tidewater, Central Va., so on....lunch?

I was in Surry finishing up some unfinished business yesterday, and stopped at the Surrey House for Dinner.
    It occurred to me that it was Summer and we hadn't discussed a meet there this year.

What say ye Gentlemen (and Ladies)?

Can I get a witness? Can I get several witnesses?

I lurv Surry House and the folks who operate it. I hate the fact that, given the current state of affairs, I must consider what precautions I must take in order to go there, and that even then there is no guarantee of safety.

But in spite of all that, put my name down as a definate. I'll check myself out of the hospital if that's where I am on the date of the event.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

It is possible you could be shot by accident!

I commented yesterday that I didn't want to get shot in the back and was told:

"They don't shoot well enough to hit you"

Since I think I'm public enemy number 1, you could get hit by stray bullets.

Just remember the battle cry:

"Your Honor, There are armed men outside"

If it's a day I'm not working I'd be interested, along with 'mini-me' too

Why doesn't someone suggest a date? Remember, they aren't open on Mondays.

Any afternoon or evening August 21 through August 24. It is before school starts, and before the big holiday weekend. It should still be light out late enough for folks to get there. Depending on how late we stay it may or may not still be light out when we leave.

Some folks have nothing better to do than go places and do things (Me! Me!) and others have to attend to bringing in money to kep the home fire burning. Thus the suggestion of either lunch or dinner.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    This is my backyard--I'm about 17 minutes from there, thru the woods, literally. If I'm not at work or church, I could be there. FWIW, we call this area "Western Tidewater."

Maybe for our safety, Don could sit at his own table, so the rest of us lesser rabble rousers would be "safe!"
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Any afternoon or evening August 21 through August 24. It is before school starts, and before the big holiday weekend. It should still be light out late enough for folks to get there. Depending on how late we stay it may or may not still be light out when we leave.

Some folks have nothing better to do than go places and do things (Me! Me!) and others have to attend to bringing in money to kep the home fire burning. Thus the suggestion of either lunch or dinner.

stay safe.
    The Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday works best for me. A lunch meetup works best for Logan. But that's just us, if something else works best for everyone else then go with that but I may not be able to make it.