• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for a combined Tidewater, Central Va., so on....lunch?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was in Surry finishing up some unfinished business yesterday, and stopped at the Surrey House for Dinner.
It occurred to me that it was Summer and we hadn't discussed a meet there this year.

What say ye Gentlemen (and Ladies)?

poinabst.jpg

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Can I get a witness? Can I get several witnesses?

I lurv Surry House and the folks who operate it. I hate the fact that, given the current state of affairs, I must consider what precautions I must take in order to go there, and that even then there is no guarantee of safety.

But in spite of all that, put my name down as a definate. I'll check myself out of the hospital if that's where I am on the date of the event.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It is possible you could be shot by accident!

I commented yesterday that I didn't want to get shot in the back and was told:

"They don't shoot well enough to hit you"

Since I think I'm public enemy number 1, you could get hit by stray bullets.:lol:

Just remember the battle cry:

"Your Honor, There are armed men outside":monkey

[video=youtube;H6QlbKt3qcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6QlbKt3qcE[/video]

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Any afternoon or evening August 21 through August 24. It is before school starts, and before the big holiday weekend. It should still be light out late enough for folks to get there. Depending on how late we stay it may or may not still be light out when we leave.

Some folks have nothing better to do than go places and do things (Me! Me!:monkey) and others have to attend to bringing in money to kep the home fire burning. Thus the suggestion of either lunch or dinner.

stay safe.

Old Virginia Joe

This is my backyard--I'm about 17 minutes from there, thru the woods, literally. If I'm not at work or church, I could be there. FWIW, we call this area "Western Tidewater."

Maybe for our safety, Don could sit at his own table, so the rest of us lesser rabble rousers would be "safe!"

scouser

Any afternoon or evening August 21 through August 24. It is before school starts, and before the big holiday weekend. It should still be light out late enough for folks to get there. Depending on how late we stay it may or may not still be light out when we leave.

Some folks have nothing better to do than go places and do things (Me! Me!:monkey) and others have to attend to bringing in money to kep the home fire burning. Thus the suggestion of either lunch or dinner.

stay safe.

The Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday works best for me. A lunch meetup works best for Logan. But that's just us, if something else works best for everyone else then go with that but I may not be able to make it.