• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What should I do about this carry in a bank conversation?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I, too, had an issue at SunTrust.

No problems for a couple of years.

Then was told, on a Saturday, that it was against company policy. The manager that weekend was not the normal branch manager. I think they rotate around on Saturdays.

Anyway, I received a letter from corparate stating that no firearms was the policy. I went back to the bank during the week and almost had the the branch manager in tears as I moved my CD's, checking, savings, and soon, the home equity line, to another institution.

She kept asking me "what can we do to keep your business Mr. X?" I advised her to talk some sense into corporate and moved nearly six figures out of their control. Hell with them.

PLEASE redact the personal information from that letter and publish it here. Please, please.

scouser

I just tried OCing in my local Suntrust, and nothing was said. I got the 'welcome to Suntrust' as I walked in from one of the girls behind a desk, and the customary 'is there anything else I can help you with Mr xxxxx?' from the teller. It's not like they know me, I might go in there 3 times a year so I'm hardly a regular familiar face to them.

Just my experience there in the last 30 minutes.

Old Virginia Joe

nuc65;1790048 It is like many other 'laws' that people have told me about over the years where they 'think' a law (or rule) about something should exist it does in their mind so therefore it must be real.[/QUOTE said:
This is so true! As a food inspector for the government, I have heard so many people tell me they "know" it is unlawful for a grocery store to sell foods past their expiration dates. NOT TRUE! Except for infant formula and dairy products, there IS NO violation in selling past the due date! But, these outhouse lawyers always "know" better . . . .