• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Man, 71, shoots at Robbers!

Ca Patriot

You stated "Martin shouldn't have been killed [...] he was doing nothing illegal"

You're right, he was doing nothing illegal, until he started doing something illegal. Sure, Zimmerman didn't have to call the police, or follow Martin. But neither of which is illegal, Martin didn't have to assault Zimmerman, which is illegal. Martin is the only one to blame for Martin's death.

We'll have to wait until all the facts are out.

However, when I was 17 and even still today as a 35 yr old, if I was walking down a street at night and some strange adult started following me and I then made an attempt to get away from that person and they started chasing me, I would be in full "fear for my life" mode.

George Zimmerman put Treyvon Martin in "fear for my life" mode. That is George Zimmermans fault.

If you dont think there is anything wrong or illegal with that, then jump in your car and find a 17 yr old girl walking along the street and start following her. When she starts to run, jump out of your car and chase after her.

I would contend that Treyvon Martin had a reasonable fear that his life was in danger. I would contend that the facts PROVE Martin was right to have a fear for his life.

j4l

However, when I was 17 and even still today as a 35 yr old, if I was walking down a street at night and some strange adult started following me and I then made an attempt to get away from that person and they started chasing me, I would be in full "fear for my life" mode.

George Zimmerman put Treyvon Martin in "fear for my life" mode. That is George Zimmermans fault.

If you dont think there is anything wrong or illegal with that, then jump in your car and find a 17 yr old girl walking along the street and start following her. When she starts to run, jump out of your car and chase after her.

I would contend that Treyvon Martin had a reasonable fear that his life was in danger. I would contend that the facts PROVE Martin was right to have a fear for his life.

Which "facts" are you refering to? The ones that the media spewed (and were quickly de-bunked as liberal/anti-gunner mythology) in the days immediately after the shooting? Or the many other facts that have long since come to light? You got some catching-up to do, sport. Z never jumped out and "confronted" anyone, and never "chased" anyone anywhere.
Read up, we will await your apology.

Now, back to the topic at-hand, since we've managed to side-track this thing to hell and back..
Good bold, aggressive action from the old guy- but... a bit on the wreckless side. He's fortunate that little old lady didnt just wander right into his line of fire, like she was headed towards doing..

jbone

Learn to read. I said he was doing nothing illegal or suspicious to warrant the call to police and for Zimmerman to confront him.

You keep saying Zimmerman approached/confronted Martin. Where is this fact? An eye witness has make the official statement that Zimmerman was approach/confronted by Martin.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Learn to read. I said he was doing nothing illegal or suspicious to warrant the call to police and for Zimmerman to confront him.

Really? Perhaps you should do some more reading, yourself. Zimmerman did not confront Martin, Ca Patriot. It was Martin who confronted, then attacked Zimmerman. Details. If there was any doubt in the minds of Sanford PD investigators that this wasn't a bona-fide case of self-defense, they would have charged Zimmerman themselves. They didn't. It wasn't until Holder pressured Florida that the state attorney filed charges herself.

By the way, poking around a neighborhood in the rain while wearing a hooding is suspicious, especially when that neighborhood had been repeatedly burglarized in recent months. You bet that sort of behavior warrants a call to the police.

The rest of this troll post...

I know this board is full of keyboard commandos who like to think they can save the neeighboorhood with their gun, but Zimmerman is a great example of why you shouldnt.

Do any of you guys have $350,000 burning a hole in your pocket for legal fees ?

Do you have a month or two to spend in solitary confinement in jail ?

Do you have the next 2-3 years of your life to dedicate to staying out of jail for the next 20 years ?

If so, then by all means call the police if you see someone walking down a street a night. If thats not good enough, get your gun and go chase after him. If thats still not good enough, jump out of your car and confront him.

You can sleep well at night knowing that you protected your family and your neighboorhood from..........nothing.

...is troll's bait.

All the facts are already out. Zimmerman spotted a suspcious-acting Martin, followed him, and called 911. They told him not to pursue, he said, "Ok," and was returning to his truck with Martin attacked him, breaking his nose, knocking him to the ground, and bashing his head against the concrete.

I was walking down a street at night and some strange adult started following me and I then made an attempt to get away from that person and they started chasing me, I would be in full "fear for my life" mode.

What attempt might that be? What Martin should have done, instead of illegally committing aggravated assault on Zimmerman? As Jack House mentioned, that was the first illegal act committed that evening, and it was a doozy! Certainly serious enough to warrant the use of deadly force in self-defense.

I know a guy who died after his head kissed the concrete once.

Again, the facts: Zimmerman was returning to his truck with Martin attacked him, breaking his nose, knocking him to the ground, and bashing his head against the concrete. At some point during the short struggle, Zimmerman was able to reach his firearm and used it in justifiable self-defense. As the aforementioned article stated: "If Zimmerman is telling the truth — as police evidently believe and as some witnesses reportedly confirm — this isn’t even a “stand your ground” case. It’s a straight-up case of self-defense, no matter how unwise or bigoted Zimmerman may have been in reporting Martin to police and leaving his vehicle to begin pursuing him."

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

The facts havent come out yet. They will come out during the trial.

No point in continueing a debate.

Medic1210

There are plenty of threads on the Zimmerman/Trayvon shooting. Let's get back on topic, which is the Internet cafe shooting...

twoskinsonemanns

However, when I was 17 and even still today as a 35 yr old, if I was walking down a street at night and some strange adult started following me
then I would immeadiately jump the person and try to pound their head into the pavement because that would be completely justified...

heh heh heh.....

twoskinsonemanns

There are plenty of threads on the Zimmerman/Trayvon shooting. Let's get back on topic, which is the Internet cafe shooting...

cafe shooting is stuck with a fork: BG try to rob/hurt innocent people, hero with a gun stops them, BG are butt-hurt that god didn't protect them during their endeavor..... case closed :banana:

back to Zimmermam :lol: