• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in National Forests?

G23inNN

I'm planning on going on some hiking trips pretty soon in and around the Mt. Rose wilderness area, staying on the NV side, some of the various hiking trails in the area like the hunter creek, tunnel creek and caughlin ranch trails.

I've emailed the Washoe Co. State park division but never got a response (it's been weeks), and I'm now under the assumption that these trails do not lie within a state park but within the Toiyabe National Forest. I'm aware that under NRS 407.0475 we can possess firearms in state parks but I can't seem to find the right information regarding a national park/forest? I'm on my phone so it isn't making it too easy, anyone have any insight?

It's much appreciated! thanks guys!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
National forests have always been state laws for firearms possession. No worries, mate! Now, you still have to watch out for the "federal facilities" though. This doesn't mean the campgrounds and out-houses, but wherever the federal employees are working.