• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long time lurker, saying hi!

Pigcommander13

Hello everyone,
Just thought it was about dang time I would finally join and introduce myself. Let me start off by saying I absolutely love reading the posts on this site. I have gathered so much from this site when it comes to laws and legalities of open carry. I respect this site not only pertaining to the fundamental aspects of open carry/ gun laws but from the basis that a large proportion of the members are well versed on one of my favorite subjects, the U.S. And state Constitution. I mostly CCW on a regular basis, but do open carry once or twice a year while trail riding and elk hunting in the mountains. I eventually do want to start open carrying a little bit outside of the mountains but have not reached that level of confortbility yet. Gotta crawl before you can walk in my case.
Thanks and "Semper Fi" pigcommander13

Wolfstanus

Well hello forum ninja.

It's a pretty big step to oc. Even bigger when you are used to cc from what I hear.

Could do what I did oc in the car. Keep it on when paying at the pump. You can use your car door or sit in your car to help hide i if you get a little to nervous. Eventualy go to lets say Walmart.

That's how I did it. Now I just do it as if its not really there. Except for a few elbow/arm checks every once in a while. Also I use a lanyard when I oc.

mobiushky

Welcome. I did the opposite. I open carried while I was waiting for my CHP. Now I prefer OC, but have my CHP just in case I go to a no OC place.

Anyway, welcome to the crowd.

wmodavis

I did like Mob that is to OC first while awaiting the CHP. I'd recommend going along with someone who is experienced OCing and would recomment Mel. I'm sure you've read some of his stuff here. It really helped me get started.
And welcome to the best group around.
Bill

Wolfstanus

I'm to poor for ccw

tumblr_lxi7u0NOtd1r84xgjo1_1280.gif

Bellum_Intus

lol I hear ya!

I am FINALLY, after 10 yrs, applying for mine at the end of the Month lol..

--rob

OH.. and welcome! =)

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have gathered so much from this site when it comes to laws and legalities of open carry. I respect this site not only pertaining to the fundamental aspects of open carry/ gun laws but from the basis that a large proportion of the members are well versed on one of my favorite subjects, the U.S. And state Constitution.

Thanks, Pigcommander13! I enjoy feedback such as yours!