• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello all

kcgunfan

Why do you think you need to register? Do you know of a law that says only registered guns may be carried in MO?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pardner!
Since guns are not registered in Colorado, how can they be registered in Kansas when you maybe bought the firearm here? I don't get the question.

I have OC'd in Kansas, and nobody batted an eye. Same goes for other nearby states. Haven't been to Missouri, but I believe that most of their state is OC friendly too.

Kansas has incomplete preemption, as does Missouri. Ergo, how your carry rights are affected vis a vis OC may depend on whether a specific jurisdiction may forbid OC where others surrounding it accept OC without problems.

Hence, you get a hodge podge of local ordinances that make for a crazy quilt pattern of OC friendly vs. OC hazard.

But registration ain't part of the program. "License" is another matter. If you have your CCW, you should be totally excellent to carry.
If not, OC can be tricky. You'll need to bone up on what every local jurisdiction has on the books anywhere you intend to stop.

Good luck amigo, and enjoy your travels.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin